Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > Floor Finishes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-24-2017, 12:08 PM   #21
BoatnutG2

2015 28' Flying Cloud
2023 23' Flying Cloud
2013 Interstate Coach
Huntington Beach , California
Nice job! Looks fantastic. we installed infinity flooring on our boat a couple of years ago when I first saw it on the market. It has been great. Holds up well to a lot of abuse. It does stay wet until you wipe up any spills and does not allow any "soak in". This can be a little slippery with wet feet. Other than that we love it.
BoatNutG2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 11:48 AM   #22
1 Rivet Wonder

1988 34.5' Airstream 345
Asheboro , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal-Gin View Post
We just put down Ozite carpet in grey and I painted the awful yellow oak cabinets a semigloss black. I'm going with the classic black and tan decor as the backdrop and color can be added with accessories. Of course the gold hardware and fixtures got sent down the road also. It's stunning. No longer screams 1990s. We just finished a 7,000 mile journey in the US and Canada and loved living in it.
Do you have pics posted of your remodel? I would be interested in seeing them. I'm trying hard to remove the 1980's from my Airstream which is very similar to the 1990's decor. Airstream wasn't always on top of things with their interior design the way they are now. I'm glad they have taken an interest in modern design but that doesn't help us out with our older Airsreams. Well, in a way it does because we can steal ideas from them
EasyStreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 11:50 AM   #23
1 Rivet Wonder

1988 34.5' Airstream 345
Asheboro , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoatNutG2 View Post
Nice job! Looks fantastic. we installed infinity flooring on our boat a couple of years ago when I first saw it on the market. It has been great. Holds up well to a lot of abuse. It does stay wet until you wipe up any spills and does not allow any "soak in". This can be a little slippery with wet feet. Other than that we love it.
Awesome! Thank you. I actually bought my flooring for a local boat manufacturer OBX Boats in High Point, NC which is in the old Hatteras Yachts facility. The owner gave me a good price which was much appreciated. As you know this is not a cheap product.
Old 07-13-2017, 07:02 AM   #24
Rivet Master

2007 23' Safari SE
Central , Connecticut
How easy is it to sweep this sort of floor clean? Do bits of sand get wedged in the woven texture?

I saw this floor in a new Interstate and rather liked it, and the cheapo vinyl floor in our 2007 Safari SE has its problems...

Thanks
Tom
Old 07-14-2017, 03:16 AM   #25
1 Rivet Wonder

1988 34.5' Airstream 345
Asheboro , Arizona
I have a built in central vacuum system so I mainly use it but it's just as easy to sweep when I don't have hookups. The surface is sealed tight so everything including dog hair & dirt just lays on the surface & sweeps right off.
Old 07-14-2017, 06:03 AM   #26
4 Rivet Member

2016 28' Flying Cloud
Brandenburg , Kentucky
Who's the manufacturer of your built-in vacuum system. I'm really interested in installing a central vac. Thanks
Tsunami-v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 08:16 AM   #27
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
2022 Interstate 24X
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutcth View Post
How easy is it to sweep this sort of floor clean? Do bits of sand get wedged in the woven texture?

I saw this floor in a new Interstate and rather liked it, and the cheapo vinyl floor in our 2007 Safari SE has its problems...

Thanks
Tom
Hi

I suppose it depends a bit on how crazy you get. Anything you can see sweeps off (sand, pine needles, random chunks of dog food ...). Our morning and evening drill is to use a broom on the floor. In some areas there will be wind blown powdery dust that seems to stick to everything. That's where a damp cloth on the counters or a damp mop on the floor comes in. Since it's used for boats, I'd bet you can spray it off with a hose. Given the issues of water inside an AS, I'm not going to try that ....

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 02:10 PM   #28
1 Rivet Wonder

1988 34.5' Airstream 345
Asheboro , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsunami-v2 View Post
Who's the manufacturer of your built-in vacuum system. I'm really interested in installing a central vac. Thanks
Sorry I'm so late responding. For some reason I stopped receiving notifications so I thought the post wasn't getting anymore replies. My central vacuum system is a Dirt Devil CV950. I've had it for about 7 years now & I've used it a lot. It is powerful! No complaints about the unit itself but I have had to replace the hose & attachments once. The second hose was constructed differently than the original & seems to be holding up better.
Old 09-26-2017, 02:14 PM   #29
1 Rivet Wonder

1988 34.5' Airstream 345
Asheboro , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by mutcth View Post

Thanks
Tom
I'd say it is impossible for anything to get wedged into the weave. It is sealed, almost as if it is melted together. I mainly vacuum my floor but it is super easy to maintain.
Old 09-26-2017, 02:50 PM   #30
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
1995 34' Excella
Lynchburg , Virginia
Very nice looking flooring and nice installation.

Dan
TouringDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2017, 06:02 PM   #31
Full time Airstreamer

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Anywhere , USA Living.Somewhere.Yonder
You just stapled it down with no trim? Looks good. No gaps?
Old 09-27-2017, 03:03 AM   #32
1 Rivet Wonder

1988 34.5' Airstream 345
Asheboro , Arizona
Thank you TouringDan.

Yes, SCOTTinNJ I just stapled it down, no trim. I'd like to say it's perfect, no gaps but I'd be lying. That said I do plan to trim it out, I just haven't yet. My fridge went out right after I bought the flooring & I replaced it with a stainless steel Vitrifrigo marine compressor fridge. Needless to say that was a large, unexpected expense. I'll get back on my renovation over the winter.
Old 09-27-2017, 08:31 PM   #33
Full time Airstreamer

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Anywhere , USA Living.Somewhere.Yonder
Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyStreamer View Post
Thank you TouringDan.

Yes, SCOTTinNJ I just stapled it down, no trim. I'd like to say it's perfect, no gaps but I'd be lying. That said I do plan to trim it out, I just haven't yet. My fridge went out right after I bought the flooring & I replaced it with a stainless steel Vitrifrigo marine compressor fridge. Needless to say that was a large, unexpected expense. I'll get back on my renovation over the winter.
Thanks. I figured you'd need some trim. I'd like to do this floor in my trailer but I have no idea how I'd trim out certain areas like the bathroom door. I'm thinking it'd be better to try lifting up what I can and tucking the floor under. Or more likely I'll just stay with the flooring I have...
Old 09-28-2017, 07:00 AM   #34
1 Rivet Wonder

1988 34.5' Airstream 345
Asheboro , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTTinNJ View Post
Thanks. I figured you'd need some trim. I'd like to do this floor in my trailer but I have no idea how I'd trim out certain areas like the bathroom door. I'm thinking it'd be better to try lifting up what I can and tucking the floor under. Or more likely I'll just stay with the flooring I have...
You could do this without the need for trim if you've ever done a sheet vinyl floor before. My skill level went up quickly as I cut it in. Unfortunately for me this was my first attempt at any such project. I'm a fast learner but the first few cuts were not as close as I would have hoped for.