Most of the demolition now completed. We have removed the old carpet, hundreds of staples, and the padding. I was fortunate that a centerline was available on the sub-floor so we will use it to align the new flooring.
Still undecided about carrying the new flooring (Konnecto Sierra Plank) into the bath. The current floor is in good shape; it appears to be plywood with vinyl floor glued to it running under a large section of the bathroom module.
My only surprise so far is the 3/8th inch gap between the sub-floor and the cabinet bottoms. I believe I will plan to install quarter-round and base oak trim when needed. Will use caulk recommended by RoadToaster as necessary.
I also decided to remove the sofa, old carpet underneath, and installed some dark brown 24 inch carpet squares that will not be seen after the project is complete. I could not believe the number of pop rivet shanks and metal shavings INSIDE the electrical compartment and floor. Did a thorough cleaning and located all the fuses inside that box.
One more attempt to cut loose carpet threats from under the furniture I did not remove and vacuuming and we will be ready to begin installation of the flooring.