Old 01-06-2008, 01:42 PM   #99
3 Rivet Member

2003 31' Land Yacht 30
Old Hickory , TN
Flooring Update...

I have finally gotten far enough with my flooring and furniture relocation to post a picture. Used the Sierra Plank Truckee. I have more info on the project posted at http://web.mac.com/reday.

Between 'steams...
reday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 02:31 PM   #100
3 Rivet Member

2003 31' Land Yacht 30
Old Hickory , TN
Missing picture...

Need to quit messing around with this and go watch football. Here's the picture I managed to delete in the above post.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Remake.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	271.7 KB
ID:	52094

Between 'steams...
Old 01-08-2008, 08:23 PM   #101
Rivet Master

1973 31' Sovereign
Portland , Oregon
I have recently noticed that while some Home Depot stores do not seem to sock any of the Trafic Master Allure flooring that there is a pretty broad selection of colors in their online store at homedepot.com. They even have some types that resemble tile rather than wood. One interesting feature of the website is that you can check local store stock if you set your home store correctly.

I saw some of this material in stock at one of my local HD stores and was very impressed with it appearance. I am seriously thinking about using it for a large basement room as well as for my Airstream.

Malcolm
Old 01-08-2008, 09:00 PM   #102
3 Rivet Member

2003 31' Land Yacht 30
Old Hickory , TN
It appears to be the same stuff. Even the tile store where I bought the Konecto alluded to that. There are 3 different lines of "wood grain" product see Welcome to Konecto. Not sure which Home Depot is carrying under their brand. There are 5 tile lines. The tile is supposed to start shipping soon if it has not already.

I liked being able to check out the samples and see what I was getting which I could not do at Home Depot. I paid a little more, but I appreciate the help that you get from people who specialize in their product.

Would like to comment on the fact that I have already seen where expansion may be a bigger issue than I thought with temperatures swinging like they are (we have gone from 17 to 70 degrees over the last couple of weeks.

I installed at the recommended temp, but in my application, I have many corners and places that I had to lay the tile completely around meeting back on the other side also spots where it is certainly not floating. I can see gaps appear and shrink back. Hopefully this will not be an issue or I may have to glue down like others have mentioned or figure out how to make more of it truly floating.

It looks like in TT installations you may not have as much of the above issues as in a MH. Also, even though their may be more cutting required, laying crosswise would lessen the expansion and contraction... I chose lengthwise for looks...

We will see if it was the right choice.
Between 'steams...
Old 01-09-2008, 08:41 AM   #103
LookingThroughALens

1976 Argosy 24
Marietta , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by reday
Would like to comment on the fact that I have already seen where expansion may be a bigger issue than I thought with temperatures swinging like they are (we have gone from 17 to 70 degrees over the last couple of weeks.
We have noticed that expansion is very much present in the Allure flooring. We installed when the temps were too hot (85+). At normal temps there are a few gaps. Camping when it was COLD this past week the gaps were a bit more noticable.

Overall the floor is really nice. I ran a swiffer over it before the open house at the CanOpener and it was clean. It is SOOOO much better than the carpet. It's not perfect but neither is our 30+ year old trailer.
Old 01-19-2008, 10:27 PM   #104
1 Rivet Member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Custer Park , Illinois
I have a 28' Argosy Motorhome and I've read all the statements concerning the positives and negatives on using the TT flooring. We currently have carpet and are looking at removing it and installing the TT flooring. Can anybody let me know: Do I have to cut around the couch and chair base mounts when installing the flooring or can I just attach it through the flooring?
Old 01-19-2008, 11:47 PM   #105
Rivet Master

2015 30' Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Byhalia , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by betsy28
I have a 28' Argosy Motorhome and I've read all the statements concerning the positives and negatives on using the TT flooring. We currently have carpet and are looking at removing it and installing the TT flooring. Can anybody let me know: Do I have to cut around the couch and chair base mounts when installing the flooring or can I just attach it through the flooring?
I did both. Where I could easily remove items, I did and then fasten them down through the floor, enlarging the hole where the screw passed through. On those items that I could not or did not remove, I laid the floor up to it leaving about a 1/8 inch which I filled with caulk and painted to match.

Good luck with your project, it is not that difficult but is time consuming.
Old 01-20-2008, 06:13 AM   #106
1 Rivet Member

chatham , Massachusetts
Question cushion flooring

I was looking at 'Cushion flooring' while on my search for the perfect floor. This is relatively new flooring , I think, made by quite a few manufacturers, including Armstrong. It looks like a laminate but has a cushion padding that comes in various mm's. It comes in many patterns, faux wood looks,etc. including black and white checks. Has anyone used this type of flooring. It is also used in many sports applications, for basketball courts, running tracks,etc., so it must be pretty durable, depending on the type of cushion floor you choose. Just wondered if it might be a good choice, ya think?
Old 01-20-2008, 03:28 PM   #107
Rivet Master

1973 31' Sovereign
Portland , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by babendawoodz
I was looking at 'Cushion flooring' while on my search for the perfect floor. This is relatively new flooring , I think, made by quite a few manufacturers, including Armstrong. It looks like a laminate but has a cushion padding that comes in various mm's. It comes in many patterns, faux wood looks,etc. including black and white checks. Has anyone used this type of flooring. It is also used in many sports applications, for basketball courts, running tracks,etc., so it must be pretty durable, depending on the type of cushion floor you choose. Just wondered if it might be a good choice, ya think?
Can you provide some Internet links so we can look at what you are describing?
Old 01-21-2008, 09:41 AM   #108
1 Rivet Member

chatham , Massachusetts
Cushion flooring

Sure thing.
If you go to the Armstrong flooring site(Flooring, Ceiling and Cabinet Products by Armstrong) and click on the 'Cushionstep' link or another good choice is Gerflor(www.gerflor.com)
and go the 'textile backed rolls' link. You can order the rolls in various widths for a seemless application.
Old 02-10-2008, 03:49 PM   #109
1 Rivet Member

1995 34' Land Yacht LE
Boynton Beach , Florida
Smile Floating Flooring

I have just installed a vinyl floating floor in my 1995 A/S Land Yacht, Cutter LE and it looks great. I used the Traffic Master brand from Home Depot and it was relatively easy to install. All info supplied by Home Depot lead me to believe it would not be a problem in the motor home. However, it does let you feel any variance in the sub floor. I am not worried about that at this time and for the price, about $200, if it needs replaced I can always go back to carpet. Biggest headache was cutting the carpet around everything attached to the floor since I did not gut the unit.
Old 02-10-2008, 05:18 PM   #110
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1962 19' Globetrotter
1963 19' Globetrotter
1961 19' Globetrotter
Wheat Ridge , Colorado
As for your flooring question... Yes i have seen it at flooring shows. I would see if they will send you a sample of it, it is not that nice of stuff in the hand! As far as instal question.. simple DIY. The non wood grain pattern looks and feels better than wood pattern product..

It looks cheap... but it cost is from mid to high..
Instagram #Vinstream
vinstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 11:05 AM   #111
2 Rivet Member

1966 26' Overlander
Prosser , Washington
Best Price Anywhere

Searched high and low and found these guys. They have a store in Spokane, WA.

Best prices by far and very good quality.

Lumber Liquidators: Hardwood Flooring for Less!
Old 03-01-2008, 05:29 PM   #112
Rivet Master

1963 26' Overlander
Austin , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWOverlander
Searched high and low and found these guys. They have a store in Spokane, WA.

Best prices by far and very good quality.

Lumber Liquidators: Hardwood Flooring for Less!
I bought a bunch of inexpensive laminate from them about 5 years ago for my entryway hallway, and it's held up quite well. It was less than $1/sqft, and a glueless click-in system. It was also very lightweight compared to other laminates and wood floors, so it's probably pretty good for a trailer application.