Old 08-02-2008, 07:11 AM   #141
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Loganville , Georgia
WannaRoam:

I have installed 4 different brand names of floating floors but not the one you were looking at. They all went in about the same. The one we installed in our airstream had the insulation and rubber backing already on it. I did not have to put plastic and the insulation mat down before I installed the planks (That was so nice!!!!!). I bought my floor at Home Depot because it was discontinued, on sale, clearance price, and most important my wife really fell in love with it.

It was the hardest laminate floor I ever put in. Lots of measuring and lots of cuts. The most important thing is make sure you read the directions? DO NOT!!! Start a laminate floor from the wrong end. you start in a certain corner and then snap and go in a certain way. Everything has to line up perfectly especially each plank. You will need a tape measurer, Circular Saw, Lots of Circular blades (floor eats up your blades), and a jig saw, with c-clamps. Make a nice table with saw horses. You will be ready to go. Paitience is a must because a RV floor has lots of cuts. The laminate is worth it. I love it in my RV and Love it in my house, Very easy to clean. We fitted ours to round end perfectly. That was a major challenge but it looks great. Notice my trim by the fridge. The only way to make it look tight. Nothing is lined up perfectly. You have round corners, square corners.

If you decide and want to e-mail me or call me or my wife please go ahead and inquire through e-mail. Laminate is great.

SIU Bound

Brian
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0085.JPG
Views:	142
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	64907   Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0079.JPG
Views:	122
Size:	81.8 KB
ID:	64908  

Old 08-15-2008, 04:04 PM   #142
Raj Mahal

1990 29' Excella
lethbridge , Alberta
re Konnecto Floors.

Please read manufacturers caveats befure using this product.

http://www.konectousa.com/files/inst...quirements.pdf

Need subfloor that does not flex.

Check out ideal temp range--pretty narrow for RVs sitting in the sun or snow!

Old 09-15-2008, 06:38 PM   #143

1975 31' Sovereign
Avon , Indiana
Konecto or other?

Thus far we have taken our the front living area gaucho and cabinet in our 1975 Sovereign Airstream to put down flooring, other than carpeting. I am presently considering the Konecto. However, I've also looked at Marmoleum, and Rubber flooring and still keep pondering. I have also read about Mannington Icore, but I think it is thicker. I was thinking that I needed to keep it to a minimum height in order to install under the gaucho and front cabinet area in order to be able to get the units installed once again. Is this a legitimate consideration? We did not take out the kitchen area or middle beds. We have original metal stripping down, somewhat of a copper color under the kitchen cabinet area and pantry area, as well as the back closet area. If we install a thicker flooring how does one deal with the flooring then being higher than the metal strips on the floor? Our installer said that if we installed the rubber flooring, we could just butt up to it and would not need trim molding. He thought that with the Marmoleum that we would need the trim and also with the Konecto. How do we deal with trim molding around these areas? Would the Marmoleum and the Konecto tend to curl up without any molding? I've read about allowing a 1/4" gap around areas for expansion with many of the floating floors, is this a requirement as well for any glue type flooring such as the Marmoleum and Rubber?

Also, the trailer will be stored in the winter in cold temperatures, either Indiana or Eastern Canada. From what I've read about the Konecto, this is not within the temperature range recommended. However, has anyone installed this and had their trailer exposed to cold temperatures and then quite warm in the summer and not had any problem? I'm wondering if it would get brittle, etc.

Also, I've called Konecto and received different responses to the question in regards to the flooring in an environment below what their product is recommended for.

I would appreciate any advice and help in deciding. We've been researching this all summer and need to get this project before the cools temps roll around . We would be having it installed which will add to the cost, so I don't want to spend all this money and be disappointed.
Old 09-16-2008, 09:09 PM   #144

1975 27' Overlander
Gainesvile , Florida
Sheet Vinyl Option

I replaced the original orange shag last year in our 27' international with a sheet vinly flooring made by Tarkett. It is a wood pattern fiberfloor material that feels great on bare feet, easy to clean and maintain, and no joints to expand and/or contract with road vibration and temp. differences. The whole project installed cost $300. I am a residential contractor and looked at several options and like this one for cost, performance, useability, keeping with the original interior and longevity. Good luck with your project.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:16 PM   #145
4 Rivet Member

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
1973 21' Globetrotter
1975 26' Argosy 26
Vista , California
I used a floating cork flooring,with heated pads in the main areas. Oh so nice!

Bibbs
Old 09-16-2008, 10:37 PM   #146
Rivet Master

2015 30' Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Byhalia , Mississippi
My Konecto has been down almost one year. The AS is stored in an non-heated and non-cooled garage so it is has seen plenty of temp variations. So far, it looks just like it did the day I installed it. As I said previously, I left the 1/8 to 1/4 inch space around MOST cabinets, etc. I filled the gap with a good quality caulk and painted it to match the floor. Very difficult to discern and much easier than quarter round, I think anyway. Regardless of how you install you will like this floor.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:01 PM   #147
1 Rivet Member

1986 25' Sovereign
Wichita , Kansas
Bambo Flooring

I have enough 5/8" tongue and goove bambo flooring and am considering on installing it in my 1972 25' International and understand lack of flexibility is a concern. Can anyone give me an idea of what problems might be expected if I go ahead and nail it down?
Old 05-07-2010, 11:50 PM   #148

1970 27' Overlander
Wilson , North Carolina
vinyl plank floor

The new "Ace Hardware" store in my town installed this floor a couple of years ago.I went over and watched the installer lay this floor. I was really impressed. It has been a couple years now and the floor still looks as good as it did when the store opened.The flooring did not get a underlay of any kind, instead it just stuck to its self (side-seams) and lay on concrete floor. Two drawbacks are it was heavy and made that floating floor noise.
Old 05-07-2010, 11:59 PM   #149
Rivet Master

2015 30' Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Byhalia , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeguy View Post
I have enough 5/8" tongue and goove bambo flooring and am considering on installing it in my 1972 25' International and understand lack of flexibility is a concern. Can anyone give me an idea of what problems might be expected if I go ahead and nail it down?
Thought I would bump this one to see if anyone could answer.
Old 05-09-2010, 09:01 PM   #150
4 Rivet Member

1976 24' Argosy 24
Milford , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by bikeguy View Post
Bikeguy, the only things that come to mind is the flex that the trailer expieriences when rolling. That and the wild temperature swings that the trailer sees throughout the year. If you nail it down I don't know if you'll get alot of popped nails or not. It might be fine. I would probably leave an expansion gap around the edges depending on how hot it is when your installing it. I went with Trafficmaster vinyl flooring and it's been fine. I do notice that the gaps around the edges are bigger in the winter, but that is better than buckling in the summer. Good luck, George
Old 05-10-2010, 02:13 AM   #151
Hypnotist

1982 28' Airstream 280
las vegas , Nevada
Bamboo is tricky If you are in too dry an area it will split... I had mine in Vegas... And if you do install it I would use a flexible glue... not nail it down... those floors like to flex in the heat and cold...
Old 12-04-2011, 08:54 PM   #152
4 Rivet Member

2004 34' Classic S/O
Waldorf , Maryland
I am hoping that I can get a update on the Konecto flooring that some of our members installed in 2007./2008. Are your Konecto floors still holding up?

S/OS#069
TAC # TX-33
WBCCI #5702
AIR #60387
"Eva" 2004 Classic Limited 34' S/O
"Wall-E" 2012 Ford F250 King Ranch
Air-Texas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 10:26 PM   #153
Rivet Master

2015 30' Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Byhalia , Mississippi
We are still happy with the flooring. No complaints but I would suggest that you use a floor roller per the instructions. I didn't and have a small seam opening on the short side of 2 pieces that I attribute to not rolling.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:00 AM   #154
3 Rivet Member

2003 31' Land Yacht 30
Old Hickory , TN
Sold mine (both of them). Neither of the new owners have come after me yet...

Between 'steams...
reday is offline   Reply With Quote