3 Rivet Member

Seattle , USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSueMac View Post
Gotta give you credit - the unintended pun had me doing a spit take. 😀

I hear you.

Peace and happy camping.
LOL...

Oh, and BTW...my avatar serves two purposes. One, it is so bright that when I scroll through threads I can easily see my last post. Two, if you look at the smoke and flames at the top, you can sort of make out "Joe" in the flames. So, it's kinda personal! Except for that whole "burning up in fire" thing haha...

Old 06-30-2016, 12:48 AM   #31
"Space A" S/O Registry 11

2006 34' Classic S/O
Fort Worth , Texas
If you are interested in a laminate floor for replacement I would negotiate a trade up in materials for the repair. The labor would be about the same and it is their responsibility anyway. I had Jackson Center put a laminate floor in and they took out all the insides back to the bedroom out. They put the new floor in wall to wall and carefully reinstalled everything. They were so neat I tipped the two techs quite well for their excellent work.
guskmg
Old 06-30-2016, 05:49 AM   #32
Rivet Master

2017 30' Classic
Upper St Clair , Pennsylvania
Sad to hear of your issues. Fortunate for us our 2015 despite numerous issues was repaired by our local dealer to our satisfaction, but alas they are no longer a dealer.

I've considered putting in a real wood floor in our 30' FC and considered removing most if not all the interior etc. But then I've also considered the real wood floor with a quarter round molding fastened around cabinets etc. If it would work for you, you might discuss with AS factory having it installed by a local flooring company instead of transportation back to AS etc. Would be much cheaper for AS etc. Just a thought.

Bud
paiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 06:23 AM   #33
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Nowhere , Somewhere
Referring to post 28. I have no doubt you had problems, but I'd love to here the other side of the story. Good luck with your trailer in the future.
Old 06-30-2016, 07:50 AM   #34
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB International
Trent Woods , North Carolina
I have watched this thread with interest and feel compelled to add my 2 cents. The OP NEVER should have paid for a trailer with known flaws. The result is going to be a compromise of some sort, no matter what, and the OP has to accept some blame. AS cannot seem to build flawless trailers and will not likely to be able to repair this problem without some collateral issues.
If it were me, I would really look for the local dealer to broker a locally installed laminate floor, with trim, at no cost to the OP. Having to go all the way to JC is going to leave a bad taste forever, especially since the repair is unlikely to be perfect.
Larry
Old 07-01-2016, 11:47 AM   #35
Rivet Master

1972 31' Sovereign
1975 31' Excella 500
Currently Looking...
Benton , Arkansas
Flooring stained on floor of Brand New Classic advice needed

Over the last few days I have had two customers who found themselves in near identical circumstances that were not my of my doing. (There are different parties involved with different responsibilities).

Customer A was a nice guy who I felt compassion for, customer B was a pushy "entitled" AH who was filled with demands and complaints

Guess which one got me to go out of my way (beyond my responsibilities when another involved party failed to fulfill their responsibilities) to add to a very busy schedule for his benefit?

Contrary to modern preconceptions, the squeaky wheel does not always get the grease.

#JustSayin...

Superat stultitia.

J. Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 06:16 AM   #36
3 Rivet Member

Seattle , USA
When you pay a MASSIVE amount of money for absolutely incompetent shoddy work, you ARE entitled to a resolution...not to be disrespected by a manager who tells you (AFTER they've agreed to do the work) that they CAN'T in fact perform the work competently...work that they've charged you WEEKS of labor for.

My wheel doesn't squeak anymore. Oh sure, I DEFINITELY got the grease...but the difference is that I didn't let them use the grease to SCREW me.
Old 07-04-2016, 08:57 AM   #37
Rivet Master

1972 31' Sovereign
1975 31' Excella 500
Currently Looking...
Benton , Arkansas
I would love to see some pictures of the damage that was caused.

I have never been to to the factory for service work and probably never will, but in my observation near every experience with the factory service department is favorable.

Superat stultitia.

J. Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2016, 09:31 AM   #38
Rivet Master

1988 25' Excella
1987 32' Excella
Knoxville , Tennessee
Have read the whole thread. Have been to Jackson Center twice for repairs on older trailers. Sounds like the defect is cosmetic rather than functional and not really large. My take is that it is probably going to cause less trouble than the "repair" will. I would think in terms of trying to get some settlement and live with it. I know I would not turn a almost perfect trailer I owned over to a dealer to ship back to Jackson Center and back. What should a happened did not and now you just have to take the best choice which is probably to just live with it. It sounds like you have a very nice trailer with a very small defect. Do not let it spoil your enjoyment. Trailer is to use, not to look at.