Old 01-26-2009, 09:51 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member
1976 28' Argosy 28
waldron , Indiana
Smile flooring

as being a floorcovering installer i have read alot of threads about what flooring to use: hell i have and still deciding myself as my opinion wood flooring would be out cause of the water moister issue gets wet gets ruined thats the facts doesnt matter the sealant you use underneath than your back to square one. now vynal good idea but got to have a good solid CLEAN,LEVEL floor like using luion and skimming your seams with ardex to have a good clean on other hand theres nothing like keeping it old school and going with a good collared shag carpet over 3/8 6 pound pad o would it feel good on feet. plus easy to replace if you get a water issue and wouldnt cost as much plus you can go over a non smooth floor and never feel a thing except the comfort of you shag or carpet in general. just my two cents if this thread could help on person thats all that matters. keep rv-n) o ya vct id throw that out window as it will provide short term look long term problems!!!!!!

rv-n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 06:00 AM   #2
Site Team
, Minnesota
What do you recommend for maintenance of the shag carpet? Is it best to vacuum it first and then rake it?
What would be the best color for my airstream. The woodwork is mostly brown.

markdoane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2009, 05:06 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member
1976 28' Argosy 28
waldron , Indiana
hello shag carpet is kinda a bear when vacuuming but seating vac to higher setting should get job done . for as color your local carpet store should have different styles and colors to choose from as the shag carpet reminds me of my grandmas house in the 70's old school carpet for a old school project. maintance in very simple as in regular carpet take shoes off at door regular vac and if you get stains wether at your home carpet or shag, car upolstery cleaner the foam stuff with brissel brush works wounders.hope this helped...
rv-n is offline   Reply With Quote