Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-25-2009, 08:46 AM   #21
4 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
Full Timers just passing through , Arizona for a couple of weeks and then on to Utah!
In the cardboard box that it comes in of course. ;>)
Old 08-26-2009, 03:44 PM   #22
Rivet Master

1978 28' Ambassador
Morada , California
Right on...bottles packed in the cases they were shipped in from the winery work just great!

With the last name of 'Cellar', and being ensconced near Lodi, Ca, the state's Central Valley's wine region, we frequently enjoy a 'taste' of the Grape...having to deal with any damaged bottles are cause for great sadness...

Be careful out there - don't 'bruise' that delicious elixir...

Ray & Pat Cellar...with grape stained feet, during the 'crush' this time of year...
Old 08-26-2009, 06:56 PM   #23
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
We originally kept the wine in the two triangular spaces at the foot of the bed where the bed pedistal is cut away for the curved mattress. I could put 4 or 5 bottles in each of the spaces with foam padding or towels.

More recently, I built a 5-bottle wine rack into the top of the microwave cabinet. This can be seen in my 2005 Classic 25 thread. Bottles lay on their sides in felt-covered bins. We seldom take over 5 bottles, so this is perfect for our use.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 07:14 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2005 22' Safari
Gresham , Oregon
Boxed wine and Gin Martini's.
sempi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 07:32 PM   #25
Rivet Master

1986 31' Sovereign
Miami , Florida
The Black Box Cabernet is pretty tasty, unbreakable, and when empty we rinse the spiffy inner container, fill with water, freeze and use it in our boat's ice chest -- big old ice cube that also provides survival water should something go amiss.

Then again, Bacardi Light Rum in the handy plastic 750ml bottle is pretty swell.

mike
n2916s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:22 PM   #26
Rivet Master

1976 Argosy 24
Joplin , Missouri
All the booze, the wine, the tequila for the margaritas, the coffee Liquor for my morning cappucino, whatever, goes into old socks ( clean, lol!) and into the storage bin under the dinette when we travel. Haven't broken one yet. One bottle of wine goes into the fridge along with the beer.

"To know is nothing at all. To imagine, is everything." --Albert Einstein

https://chaosinature.blogspot.com/
Isadora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:30 PM   #27
Rivet Master

2005 22' Safari
Gresham , Oregon
Sounds like A/S needs to build more "spirits" cabinets/spaces
Old 08-26-2009, 11:43 PM   #28
Rivet Master

2019 27' Tommy Bahama
Roseville , California
Send a message via AIM to warbler5
We bought an ottoman (~18" square), which also serves as an extra seat at times.....when you lift the padded top off, it's perfect for storing wine bottles and paper plates! It has been so handy, I am tempted to buy another one....

When we arrive at our destination, we frequently store 3-4 bottles across the top of the cabinet over the gaucho....just so's they are handy!

AIR #6287
TAC #CA-26
WBCCI #3933/4CU
Old 08-26-2009, 11:45 PM   #29
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by sempi2 View Post
Sounds like A/S needs to build more "spirits" cabinets/spaces
Hi, and for some, A/S needs to raise the GVWR for cases of wine.
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2009, 11:49 PM   #30
Rivet Master

2005 22' Safari
Gresham , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERTSUNRUS View Post
Hi, and for some, A/S needs to raise the GVWR for cases of wine.
I do believe you are totally correct. After our last outing, with 2 sets of visiting friends, we could have had a larger bar - but where do you put it in a 22' Safari.
Old 08-27-2009, 09:09 AM   #31
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Placerville , California
Hey, all, thanks for all the contributions to my thread. Combining all your suggestions I hope to design and build a wine rack, holder that will serve as a transporter also. My wife doesn't drink wine so I don't need to carry but 3 or 4 bottles (more to rallies...of course) of different kinds. A 24 footer doesn't allow many places for a 'wine cellar'. Good point from someone about not storing in an overhead locker. Our twin beds do slide out revealing some opportunities near the wheel wells. It's always 'cooler' in those spaces.
Neil.
FreshAir #12407

Kirk Creek, Big Sur, Ca. coast.

1966 Trade Wind

1971 Buick Centurion convertible
455 cid

1969 Oldsmobile Ninety Eight
455 cid
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 10:09 AM   #32
3 Rivet Member

1984 31' Excella
1976 Argosy 24
Olsburg , Kansas
I have made a dish rack and wine goblet rack that hands down just above the sink and counter top. How many bottles of wine do you want to carry? I might be able to come up with a drawing of a rack that would attach similar to what I have done with the plate and goblet racks. The plates travel with easy since I have a system that keeps the plates in place while traveling and they stand up like a drying rack for plates. I have added an attachment photo below, let me know if you are unable to open the attached photo.
Attached Images

clydecrashcu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 06:37 PM   #33
Rivet Master

2023 30' Globetrotter
Pleasanton , California
We're in the boxed wine category, too. It lays & travels nicely on its side in the pantry where the shelves are lined with that neat anti-slip mat that is sold for putting under rugs. Works like a charm. Buy the red wine and you don't need to refrigerate, either!
WineStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 06:45 PM   #34
1 Rivet Member

2008 23' Safari SE
Roswell , Georgia
Made the mistake of putting the wine in one of the clothes drawers when we first got our trailer...well it was too heavy and the drawer fell out in travel and cracked. Now we leave the wine in the truck until we get to camp
GA-Air is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 06:53 PM   #35
Rivet Master

2005 30' Classic
Burlington , Ontario
Well, my tastes are not that sophisticated - I bring my home made (Costco!) Chardonnay in one of those big rubbermaid boxes in the back of the truck, and I move it into the AS fridge as and when required - which is frequent!

Heck, it works for me, and costs me all of about a buck a bottle! Can't be bad!

I'm sipping a glass now actually, although at home, unfortunately!

Brian.

2005 Classic 30'
Hensley Arrow / Centramatics
2008 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD,4x4,Crew Cab, Diesel, Leer cap.
Wingeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 11:39 PM   #36
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
Oak View , California
I was born and raised to believe in multifunctionality.... Anyway last night I was searching through the trailer trying to find something and next thing I know, I have everything pulled out from the under bins beneath my front gaucho. Then I notice there are still old mouse turds on the floor back there from my time on the ranch, out comes the vacuum cleaner for them and 409 for the bins. While I am resting on my special gel foamed seat that I sit on when I am working at the table, trying to recover from all the cleaning activity, and looking at all the junk on the floor to reorganize, my mind switches over to another track. Though this seat is the ultimate little bit of heaven to sit on, my feet now hang about two inches off the floor which tugs a bit on my multi-surgeried back. What I need is a little footstool to be really comfortable.

Staring at the things on the floor and then something comes to mind from reading this particular thread. I keep some of my special liquor in those under bins. I reach down and grab the bottle of aged Tequila, then get out a pair of my thick hiking socks. Push the bottle into the sock, make a little twist on the top, and fold the excess back down over the bottle again. I think the bottle of Stoli will make a nice companion piece for the other foot, so I pop a sock on that too. Place the two bottles on the floor and set my feet on them. Perfect. Now my feet and back are happy with the new foot stools and if ever the need arises for a little special spirits, the solution is within grasp. The best part? When I am listening to music, my feet can do this little jig to the beat by rolling the bottles a bit which makes a great little massage on the arches. The socks are so thick that it retards any rolling away across the floor effect. Figuring out something as silly as this makes me want to turn up the music....

Carol
cclarkego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 12:03 AM   #37
Rivet Master

San Angelo , Texas
Carol, seriously, a visit to the Betty Ford Clinic is in order

2004 F-350 King Ranch

AIR # 8239
EX-WBCCI # 8371
StingrayL82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 12:30 AM   #38
Rivet Master

1978 28' Ambassador
Morada , California
Brian, Isn't it hard to 'pour' some wine from one of those large Rubbermaid boxes...or do you just dip a glassful when needed?....

Sounds good to me...
Old 08-28-2009, 06:02 AM   #39
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
We like the neoprene totes, too, must also confess that there is really only one wine-drinker here (Maggie) who keeps a supply of the little 4-pack bottles which can be stashed in nook & crannies anywhere. For those of you who turn up your noses at the litl-bitties (we like litl-bitty), there is a really good German Riesling that comes in individual bottles, the Barefoot wines are also good---a glass at a time most of the time, a couple of stored bottles to share when the opportunity arises. Life is good.
Old 08-28-2009, 08:30 AM   #40
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Good morning all... Marvin made custom wooden wine crates for Costalotta and they fit in on the floor of the closet.. each holds 10 bottles of wine and a smaller one for our Chocolate Raspberry Port... works great for us... and also we have some new storage under the new front sofas.. more wine for our winter trip to Texas... we make our own ...
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote