Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > General Interior Topics
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-14-2013, 08:11 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

1977 31' Sovereign
Manchester , New Hampshire
Where can I get a new interior front plastic nose piece?

Hello folks,
It has been a while since I have posted alot of family goings on and stuff but I am back to finishing my 1976 Sovereign after two trees fell on roof I sealed up leaks and pushed out dents and fixed hole's.Now I am workin on replaceing the interior plastic nose piece in the front ceiling. It have been cracked by the tree that fell on the roof and started spider cracking after reinstallation(old brittle plastic. Anyone have any ide how much a new noise would be and how expencive it would be?

Thanks Mrcrowley

2004 Nissan Titan with BT package
K/N Cool intake air
Duel power exhaust
Mrcrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 06:30 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1973 21' Globetrotter
Houston , Texas
I've never seen new versions of these available. I have read many threads where people use some form of fiberglass or plastic welding to repair them, though. My personal experience repairing this old brittle plastic has been pretty spotty, though. If yours is beyond repair, maybe the next best thing is to start looking for a used one from a scrap trailer, or consider building one from scratch using a bunch of aluminum panels (also painful).
Belegedhel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 07:31 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
1963 26' Overlander
1989 34' Excella
Johnsburg , Illinois
You might consider thin luan plywood segments or a more exotic wood. It would have to be pop riveted to itself, since there are no ribs in that area. I am not sure whether Airstream has kept the molds that were used to vacuum form these parts.
dwightdi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 11:23 AM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2012 27' FB International
Waynesville , North Carolina
You can check this thread. It may be a long shot, but could be a fun road trip. http://www.airforums.com/forums/f44/...rd-104481.html
2016 RAM 2500
FL Crackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2015, 07:43 PM   #5
1 Rivet Member

1979 31' Sovereign
New Braunfels , Texas
I am remodeling my '72 31ft and might grit rid of my nose cabinet, it still has the 8trak and gauges too. Let me know if still in the market.
79landyacht is offline   Reply With Quote