Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-26-2015, 08:51 AM   #1
JJA
2 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Missoula , Montana
Wet bath construction?

I'm doing a full monty on a 1967 Streamline Duchess. Want to build a wet bath but am having trouble finding kits, materials or instructions. Anyone know how to build something like the link below?

This shower is absolutely gorgeous! | Before and After: Get Ready to Rough It in Style With a Decked-Out, Fully Renovated Airstream | POPSUGAR Home

The walls should be easy to figure out but I'm not sure which shower pan, transition to the shower pan, etc. Anything pre-built would be awesome. I'd even switch to fiberglass/acrylic if I could find something that would slide in.

This will be a center bath along the curbside with about 45" x 33" (not too late to tweak a few inches to accommodate prefab). This will go over a wheel well that is 12"high and wide the length of the room.

Ideas? Recommendations? Materials (sealants, bath pan, etc)? Prefab options?
JJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2015, 11:34 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
Currently Looking...
Wauwatosa , Wisconsin
I know the AS factory will sell the pan for the wet bath from a 16' Bambi.
Old 04-26-2015, 11:51 AM   #3
Keen amature

1975 20' Argosy 20
Chestfield , Kent
I have just had one put in our Argosy MH. Stepped shower pan from Pelland, Thetford cassette toilet (but I could have used a shower pan/black tank combi and a standard pan) then a Contessa flip down basin (so it is tipped up out of the way unless in use).

This is it going in

And this is as the panelling was going in, shower head and controls are above the basin.

Pretty hard to get a photo of it complete as it can only be viewed through the door.
martin300662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 08:33 AM   #4
JJA
2 Rivet Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Missoula , Montana
Thanks to both of you! This is my first airstream, first trailer remodel, and a host of other firsts. To give you some idea, I've never worked with rivets before but now have a frame off project

Martin, your example is almost exactly what I want to build. I already have the black tank installed but otherwise the same. Pelland is a supplier I hadn't found and the stepped pan they offer is the first I've seen. Thank you.

Geocamper, I had no idea that AS factory would sell stuff like this. Thank you for the tip. I'll have to re-evaluate many plans with this as a possibility.

Both, I'm lucky enough to live near Blue Moon Caravans and Kent was good enough to take a look on Thursday. He's got an idea to have a stainless steel pan fabricated & then use ss sheeting on the walls. it's a few hundred bucks more than the pelland pan but will allow integrated transition, a built-in seat over the wheel well, and other custom features in a single waterproof unit. Seems like the way to go. Thinking I'll use either red guard underlayment or similar. Any holes you can see in that plan?
JJA is offline   Reply With Quote