Originally Posted by Mrcrowley
I removed everything in the bathroom and found wet floor only under the toilet and hot water heater area . I put some heat in the bath room to dry it up so I could see how bad it was well it is really soft behind the toilet seal and by the wall under where the heater door is . I removed the rotten wood and I noticed there is no support under the area I removed (Ill post pictures when I get home). The area is about 1.5 feet by 1.5 feet I have some ideas on how I want to do this out of these below which one would you suggest:
1) Make frame from the trailer bumper frame to the rib frame with treated 2 x 4
2) Make area square to fit piece replacement
3) Make piece to fit cut out area treated wood
4) Screw new piece wood to frame piece
5) Cover area with aluminum sheeting and screw down
(Replace all of subfloor)
The problem I see is making the frame from the bumper frame to the rib beam under the hot water heater would that be wise to screw in and attach a beam to there?
Any and all frame repairs, modifications, etc, are all short termed, unless welded.
Since part of your floor must be replaced, do the frame repair the # 1 way and weld it.
Then you can have a beer and worry about something else, other than the frame repair failing in time.