Old 05-04-2006, 04:56 PM   #15
3 Rivet Member
1975 31' Sovereign
Woodlawn , Tennessee
Send a message via Yahoo to Angel73
I have one....

Originally Posted by AYRSTRM2
don't be afraid of rivets! Really the hardest part is removing the old one without warping the hole. Most recommend drilling it out with a bradpoint drill bit, while some use a paint scraper to chop the rivet in half, between the two joined parts. Putting the new rivet in, using a pop rivet gun is a breeze and should be in the arsenal of all vintage AS owners.
I have a rivet gun it just doesnt like me very

The Clark Family
Angel73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2006, 07:31 PM   #16
3 Rivet Member
1990 32' Excella
jonesboro , Arkansas
find a leak

I had one on one side of the rear of mine and on the very back.I found them by taking a hos and starting at the bottom of the trailor wetting down the seams and fittings untill I got water inside.The inside needs to be dry to do this but it sounds like you allready have the inside skin peeled up so you can actually see the water run in.I went from 1/3 of the way to the front of the trailor from the rear.I went 2 feet up from the bottom and ran the hose for about 10 minutes in each place all around the back. I gave it about 2 hours to run down.I then moved up 2 feet and went around again.It took a while but I found a leak above my back window that was running down to the center below the window and to the curb side corner.I also found one behind the awning support arm bracket.Good luck .I also agree with the others find the leak and fix it from the outside.

joel is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)