Old 05-29-2002, 12:54 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
Conifer/Evergreen , Colorado
The fold-up table on top of the furnace sounds like an interesting idea...would you still be able to use that countertop?

If you decide to do that, please share photos ~

Shari

Old 05-29-2002, 10:58 PM   #16
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
Original '64 GlobeTrotter Table

Okay...here's the scoop. The table top measures 20"x36" and has the same plastic laminate as the counters & fridge. As mentioned in my earlier post, it's height is adjustable. The coffee table height is 19-1/2" and the dining table height is 28".

We did paint the underside of the table to match the top...the original paint was dry & flaking. We also replaced the damaged vinyl trim edging with stainless steel T-molding. Other than that, it's original.

Shari

I'll attach Dining Table photo here...and the Coffee Table & Folded-Up Photo in following posts.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	table1.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	211  

Old 05-29-2002, 10:59 PM   #17
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
Coffee Table Height...the base is offset to one side, but that doesn't matter because you don't need to slide chairs underneath.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	table2.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	16.8 KB
ID:	212  
Old 05-29-2002, 11:00 PM   #18
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
Underside of folded-up table...note the hinged legs. That's what allows the height to be adjustable.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	table3.jpg
Views:	312
Size:	15.5 KB
ID:	213  
Old 05-30-2002, 08:18 AM   #19
2 Rivet Member

1964 19' Globetrotter
Glenside , Pennsylvania
Oh that's wonderful! Does it fit in the wardrobe next to the stove? I wonder where the original storage location was? You know Wally had to have had one. With our plan, yes the top of the cabinet (or now table) would still be usable. Right now it seems to collect everybody's books!
Old 05-30-2002, 03:00 PM   #20
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
Hmmm...Now there's an idea! I have thought it strange that there wasn't a better storage solution for the table while under tow.

I haven't checked out the closet vs. table size, I'll do that tonight and post the result. It seems that the tabletop portion would fit fine, however with the exposed wheelwell in that closet, the angled portion of table base may not be able to sit flat on the floor. That closet also has exposed PVC drain lines connecting the galley to the back of the trailer along the floor. The last thing I would want is for it to bounce around and damage one of those in transit! Maybe I could design some type of bracket to hold it up off the floor or use the bathroom closet. Although, when the table is folded up it is taller than the 36" long top, so I may not have enough room to work with...we'll see!

Thanks for the ideas though...

Shari
Old 05-30-2002, 11:25 PM   #21
Rivet Master

1956 22' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
Well, the folded table does not fit in the closet next to the stove, with all the plumbing and the wheel well. However, it does fit in the bathroom closet just fine! I don't know why I hadn't thought of that...guess we haven't traveled enough yet...Thanks Gillian!

Shari
Old 01-12-2007, 04:09 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Sha-zaam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsideOut
Okay...here's the scoop. The table top measures 20"x36" and has the same plastic laminate as the counters & fridge. As mentioned in my earlier post, it's height is adjustable. The coffee table height is 19-1/2" and the dining table height is 28".

We did paint the underside of the table to match the top...the original paint was dry & flaking. We also replaced the damaged vinyl trim edging with stainless steel T-molding. Other than that, it's original.

Shari

I'll attach Dining Table photo here...and the Coffee Table & Folded-Up Photo in following posts.
This is very much what Airstream should be doing TODAY with it's tables. I have a small plastic table that is adjustable height. Got it at Sam's Club. The leg design is very like an ironing board. There are grooves on the underside of the top that the legs fit into so that the height can be adjusted in 2 inch increments. I sew and use my laptop and the dinette table which is fine for eating is about 4 inches too high to be comfortable for those activities. I'm going to take this picture and my small table to a local metal working shop and see if they can design some legs like this, or find a real high end four legged ironing table and steal the legs. Then attach them to the bottom of my dinette. I will want them to fit under the table or detach completely when it's folded down into a bed.

I feel a project coming on.

Paula Ford