Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > General Interior Topics
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-13-2003, 10:18 AM   #1
Rivet Master

Tonka Bay
Vintage Airstream Floor Plans

Vintage Airstream floor plans seem rather elusive. I just obtained a 1973 Airstream Service Manual and it has floor plans for all sizes of Airstreams that year. As it turned out they must have gone to a full bathroom instead of a wet bathroom so the plan does not match my 1971. So I am still searching. The rest of the information seems close enough to be useful.

I scanned the 1973 Trade Wind plan inserted here as a low res but still readable JPEG. I thought maybe when the photo library is back online that it would be a good place to put additional plans. If anyone has a 1971 or 1972 service manual with a wet bath floor plan I would be interested in getting a copy of the plan.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	25d73as_plan.jpg
Views:	11923
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	4102  
Davydd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2003, 10:07 PM   #2
uwe

2007 25' Safari FB SE
1958 22' Flying Cloud
1974 29' Ambassador
Yucca Valley , California
Send a message via Skype™ to uwe
Me, too.
My 1971 also has the wet bath, which I am amidst of tearing out to repair some flaky plywood underneath.
I am going to eliminate the "closet" to the left of the entry, and put a counter there with a small stainless sink in it, and a mirror cabinet on top.
I received a 25ft floor plan from another forum member recently, and it opens up in Adobe Illustrator. Tis makes it possible to edit it, and draw new walls etc. to reflect my actual floorplan.
I do like the wet bath because the front room is larger, and the front streetside window is also larger. I spend much more time int he front room than in the bath...
Old 12-14-2003, 09:24 AM   #3
Rivet Master

Tonka Bay
Reworking Plans

uwe,

I scanned this plan at 300 dpi copied it out of Photoshop and pasted into Macintosh PowerCADD, a vector based CAD program. I found my scan was about a half degree crooked and the original art work in the service manual was almost exactly 8/9ths off of scaling 1/4" = 1'-0". With the CAD program it was easy to precisely rescale and rotate so I can now retrace in CAD and develop an editable and scalable plan.
Old 12-28-2003, 01:33 PM   #4
Rivet Master

Tonka Bay
Question Tradewind Length Change 71 to 73?

Either I am a lousy measurer or Airstream had a lousy draftsman or the Tradewind grew a foot between 1971 and 1973 to get that full bath in. Does anyone know? The scan I posted in this thread measures with a shell at 22 ft. overall and my Airstream shell is about 21 ft. in length. I know a scan can be inaccurate but I registered this scan in my CAD program to where I am sure I am accurate to at least an inch.
Old 07-05-2008, 11:38 AM   #5
4 Rivet Member

1966 30' Sovereign
1963 22' Safari
orlando , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davydd View Post
Either I am a lousy measurer or Airstream had a lousy draftsman or the Tradewind grew a foot between 1971 and 1973 to get that full bath in. Does anyone know? The scan I posted in this thread measures with a shell at 22 ft. overall and my Airstream shell is about 21 ft. in length. I know a scan can be inaccurate but I registered this scan in my CAD program to where I am sure I am accurate to at least an inch.
dear sir: vintageairstream.com catalogs a/s lengths.according to their site a 1971 21' is a globetrotter. a 1971 25' is a tradewind.my question is,what is a wet bath? I have a 1963 safari and thought it was just a bathroom.
richie rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 01:13 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
North Vancouver , British Columbia
This is a 4+ year old thread that got dragged up. To rr, airstreams are measured bumper to ball, so the actual shell of a tradewind will be less than 25 feet. A wet bath is a bathroom that has a shower pan for a floor and the whole room gets wet when one showers. There is no bathtub like some models have.
cameront120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 03:39 PM   #7
4 Rivet Member

1966 30' Sovereign
1963 22' Safari
orlando , Florida
thank you cameron.how's the weather up there?
richie rich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 05:03 PM   #8
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
North Vancouver , British Columbia
It's been great until today. Rain off and on most of the day, but it seems to be clearing now.
cameront120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2008, 06:20 PM   #9
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

1977 20' Argosy 20
Charleston , West Virginia
Send a message via Yahoo to ViewRVs
My Trailer floor plans page is one of my most popular pages.....and new contributions are always welcome!

Fred's Airstream Archives - Trailer Floorplans
ViewRVs is offline   Reply With Quote