Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > General Interior Topics
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-05-2004, 10:03 AM   #1
Obsessed with Moonunit

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
Love It Here , Colorado
Utilizing Space (or just spacey?)

I thought I would post some ideas of how we are trying to use the interior space in our Argosy in the best way possible and see if others might share their ideas/special finds. Here are a couple of my favorites:

Got the first 2 items at the Container Store.

The 1st (a closet shoe holder) fits great in closet to hold all kinds of smaller items. Ours is cloth, with velcro to fasten over hanger bar, and everything stays put just great.
2nd is a dishdrain that folds away. I got it after finding our kitchen galley was going to have to be replaced. Water had leaked under the faucet, rotting the plywood. I figure this will keep water off the new laminate top (it has a funneled area in the middle that runs the water into the sink).
The last is one of those mesh pop-up hampers. Sits nicely in the shower area (we haven't used for showers yet) to keep dirty clothes hidden and easy to get to laundry (it has a little pocket on outside to carry soap). We also have a vinyl pop-up that works real well outside for garbage. Both fold away nicely when not in use.

I also have gotten some of those vacuum space bags, which hold our pillows/sheets in the upper storage bins. No pics of those.

I know some of the rest of you have some really creative ways you have saved space. Would love it if you would share them here .
Attached Images

"When a great ship is in harbour and moored, it is safe, there can be no doubt. But that is not what great ships are built for." by Clarissa Pinkola-Estes, author of ‘Women Who Run With the Wolves’
COArgosy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 10:44 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1993 25' Excella
Full Time , Anywhere USA
Sink Covers Storage

My husband added rails to the underside of the galley cabinet shelves for the sink covers. They work great! The sink covers are out of the way when we are not using them and they are not taking up any shelf space.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SinkCover1.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	8601   Click image for larger version

Name:	SinkCover2.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	8602  

Name:	SinkCover3.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	8603  

myboyburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2004, 01:35 PM   #3
Obsessed with Moonunit

Love It Here , Colorado
Thanks Michelle, that looks wonderful! We just got back from a short trip to C. World to pick up an item they were holding and while there I saw some interesting collapsable food storage containers. HMMMM>

Hope you other members won't be shy....I love the way forum members solve all kinds of dilemmas!

"When a great ship is in harbour and moored, it is safe, there can be no doubt. But that is not what great ships are built for." by Clarissa Pinkola-Estes, author of ‘Women Who Run With the Wolves’
Old 09-01-2009, 11:28 AM   #4
Obsessed with Moonunit

Love It Here , Colorado
I've added some more ideas to our trailer on space saving and thought I would revive this thread to see if others would like to add on also. There are so many talented folks here and love to see other's ideas. So, here goes...

1st is our remade storage container for maps, paper, games, ipod, etc. Keeps them dry and in easy reach. Also top has an additional glass insert making the storage unit a bit heavier and keeps my handiwork clean when glassware or other items are set down.
2nd is newly covered endcap w/nice hooks for dog leash, hats, keys, etc.
3rd is a wonderful little metal rack near kitchen. It has some magnetic clips underneath to hold hot pads or dish cloth, or drying towel. Above I can add a small flower vase and my husband always throws his spare change up there (also his glasses).

Can't wait to see what other members have done
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Moonunit top storage.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	86459   Click image for larger version

Name:	Working Endcap.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	86460  

Name:	Moonunit pictures.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	86461  

Old 09-01-2009, 03:46 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

1948 22' Liner
1961 26' Overlander
1949 24' Limited
Springs , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by COArgosy78 View Post
The 1st (a closet shoe holder) fits great in closet to hold all kinds of smaller items. Ours is cloth, with velcro to fasten over hanger bar, and everything stays put just great.
I have one like this in our closet of the overlander- however, every time we arrive somewhere I have notice my towels on the floor- and I make sure that they are snugly filling each "shelf". I wonder why your stuff stays put and mine won't. I have asked my husband to just fill the closet with shelves as we don't bring a whole lots of clothes that warrant being hung up while we are on vacation.