Old 02-28-2003, 10:33 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member
Wink Trim

Hello. We are still working on our 31' Soverign and it's coming along great. What we are in need of is the plastic piece that slides through the trim. I'm talking about the trim in the bathroom and throughout the inside of the trailer. It's gold and the plastic piece (that we need) is cream in color. We did purchase some already but it was to thick to slide through the gold piece. Thanks for any help.
Lisa & Dad (larry)

larrylisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 10:36 AM   #2
Still Working
1994 36' Classic 36
North Charleston , South Carolina

check with thenewkid, I think he was selling some a while back.

smily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2003, 11:14 AM   #3
Rivet Master
2004 28' Classic
Currently Looking...
huntsville , Alabama
call the alabama airstream dealer he might have it .

lol al
wb13798 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2003, 09:31 AM   #4
Just a member
1978 28' Argosy 28
Tampa Bay , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64 Send a message via Skype™ to thenewkid64
I purchased some form Ace Fogdall in Iowa 800-747-0747. I bought too much, and have since sold it. If you have the right stuff it just may be an issue of installtion instuctions. I have attached the instructions I sent to the member who bought my excess.

Here are the directions
First I get a rough measurement of length and cut it a bit longer, The using the How to start picture get one edge in.

You can gently bend the insert to get the end started and pop it in, but be careful as it will stress it to the point of turning it white. The look you are going for is in the picture Getting in the first inch.

Then using a screwdriver push the molding up into place and pop it in. I was able to do this in half inch increments. I recommend a smooth handled screwdriver or you will have blisters by the time you are done. See Pushing it in . The screwdriver will rest in the notch created in the molding to hold it in.

Get it near the end and trim to fit before you get the final end in.

The picture shows it installed but not yet caulked.

I love the way it looks installed, I think you will too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	new shower trim.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	7.3 KB
ID:	1628  
Brett G
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2003, 10:22 AM   #5
Rivet Master
Commercial Member
New Borockton , Alabama
Lisa & Larry,
If you bought the trim from an Airstream dealer, then it's probably the right material. To add to the above instructions, warm the plastic with a hair dryer and it will be much more pliable and easier to insert. Leave a little extra hanging off the ends and don't cut it to final length until it's completely cool, as it will shrink. Try to use one continuous piece when ever possible to avoid gaps when it shrinks from cold temps.
68 Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2003, 03:55 PM   #6
Rivet Master
1986 25' Sovereign
Southern Middle , Tennessee
Great help guys! My bathroom plastic trim is cracked and I was wondering how I was going to get new trim in. These tips will help me when I buy replacements.

AIR #0078
'01 2500hd ext. cab, 8.1 litre gas, 5 sp. Allison auto
3.73 rear end
Mag-Hytec rear diff cover
Amsoil Dual by-pass oil filtration system
Amsoil synthetics all around
265 watt AM Solar, Inc. system
davidz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2003, 06:57 AM   #7
2 Rivet Member
i have ordered some from andy at inland rv. have not received it yet ,but i hope it fits
art is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2003, 07:03 AM   #8
Rivet Master
Austin , Texas

Let us know how the trim from Inland works out. I am about to redo all of my trim as well and was unsure if Andy has the right stuff. Something about having to sand down the edges before installation didn't sound like an exact replacement to me. I have a bunch to do and want it to go as smoothly as possible.

Chas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2003, 12:48 PM   #9
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer
Corona , California
The current "nosing" fits the latest molding.

To make it work in the old moldings, it is necessary to remove a very small part on the backside square corners.

Then with the help of some silicone spray, it will slide in the molding very easily.

Our part number for the nosing is 71411. You can see a picture of it in web site,
Click on parts.
We sell hundreds of feet of it each month.

Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote