Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-05-2017, 08:25 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1970 27' Overlander
Lakeland , Florida
Sub-floor

Well, I'm a couple weeks into the removal of the interior. With a full time job and family it's been tough to find time to spend with "Ruby". Yep we have maned her. I have attached some pics. I'm new to this and have some questions below.

1. My plan is to remove the sub-floor (it needs it in the back bathroom, but the rest seems in very good condition. My thought is to be able to inspect the frame and tanks, before removing the belly pan (that seems to be a tougher job?). By doing this I can spray the frame with Corroseal. Also I could put new insulation in and help get rid of that 46 year old musty smell.

2. Where. Removed the old refriduator, there is a hole in the floor with a screen over it. Is that necessary with a new refriduator. See pic.

3. One of the plastic wheel wells is cracked at the mounting spot to the wall. How do I pair this or is there replacement ones I can buy. See pic.

Sorry pics are up-side down?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	350.2 KB
ID:	284858  
CraigCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 08:27 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

1970 27' Overlander
Lakeland , Florida
Another pic

Wouldn't let me attach more than one pic.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	229.4 KB
ID:	284859  
CraigCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 08:36 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1972 Argosy 20
Snoqualmie , Washington
Removing and replacing the belly pan is, in my opinion, way easier than working down from above. Sounds like you'll still need to replace sub floor, but you might consider removing the pan first to see what you're up against.
DryFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2018, 11:46 AM   #4
4 Rivet Member

1995 30' Excella
Harper Woods , Michigan
Repair of the plastic wheelwheel will depend upon the type of plastic. Polypropylene is extremely difficult to repair, but others aren't quite so bad. J-B Weld makes at least one formulation for plastic that may work for you.
Bob Blarney is offline   Reply With Quote