Old 01-17-2016, 10:23 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member
1975 Argosy 26
Tulsa , Oklahoma
Stubborn Interior panel pieces...

I'm making good progress taking the interior panels down in my 1975 Argosy 26', but I've hit a small piece that has me stumped. It's a panel about 10 inches wide, immediagely left of the door as you are looking out. It appears to have some rivets that I'd have to remove the door to get too (whic I'd prefer not to do). Here's a picture:

Any tips/tricks on getting this piece of interior paneling out?

Also, I haven't removed the plastic end cap pieces either. They are pretty cracked, and look fragile. I've removed most of the rivets, and I'm sure I can get them out, I just don't want to destroy them in the process. If anyone has any suggestions on these, I'd love to here it. The end cap I'm talking about is at the top on the very front of the argosy:

Thanks in Advance !

DDOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 09:18 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member
1975 Argosy 26
Tulsa , Oklahoma
OK...End Cap is out, but that little 10 inch panel piece still has me stumped. Is the door frame multiple pieces? If so, do I need to take the inner piece our to get the 10 inch panel on the left of the door out?

Old 01-20-2016, 09:01 PM   #3
Rivet Master
1973 21' Globetrotter
Houston , Texas
If you look closely at your door frame, you might find that there is an interior half that is essentially "trim." There should be pop rivets that hold the halves together. Drill these out. And the interior half should come out without much fuss. You should then be able to see what is anchoring your troublesome section.

Good luck!
Belegedhel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 07:41 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member
1975 Argosy 26
Tulsa , Oklahoma
Thank you for this Belegedhel ! I've remove the panels and pink stuff from the entire interior except for this portion and a little bit at the back.