We really did a lot to this trailer. It had been sitting in northern California for the past 20 years - unlicensed. In addition to cleaning, we replaced the drapes and cushions - I did those. My husband spent many hours sanding and refinishing the wood. We discovered that it was originally a light color and had darkened with age. We liked the dark look better, so he stained the wood and finished it with a Varathane Polywipe. Several coats. We also had to replace one wall panel.
We replaced the door panel to the refridge and the bathroom door with a darker colored wood laminate that pretty closely matches the wood. Fortunately, all the original systems work very well and only needed maintenance. We found a fabulous technician who has sealed everything and updated all the systems. He also built a beautiful oak table to replace the aged laminate one.
We replaced a little floor rot and added cork flooring from Lumber Liquidators. The one we chose is very dark, as you can see, it has some variation in pattern and color. We like the floor, the red rug was added to encourage our dog to lie out of the way under the table.
Oh, we also replaced the wheels, axle, and brakes. For the most part we feel like we have a new airstream with the charm of an old one. We got lucky in finding this one on craigslist. We had previously owned a '65 and loved all the real wood inside. We were hoping for one of that vintage. I think that '69 was the last year for wood. Plus, we love the size.
So, we've named her/him/it Lucky.