Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > General Interior Topics
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-27-2004, 08:27 AM   #21
2 Rivet Member

1983 34' Limited
Las Vegas , Nevada
Send a message via MSN to dmadam
Lately it has not been so dry. Lots of rain this fall. Thats why its not done yet. Get rained out last couple of weeks.

I grew up in MA so I know all about your weather. Used to have a Photo studio in Fitchburg.

David
Old 11-27-2004, 09:25 AM   #22
Rivet Master

1968 24' Tradewind
Rural, blink and you'll miss it , Missouri
Hey! Look at this site for canvas, sunbrella fabrics. http://www.fabricsandvinyls.com/

I am just reeling with the possibilities! LJ
eljay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 10:56 AM   #23
Rivet Master

1973 31' Sovereign
Portland , Oregon
David,

You said the following in one of your posts:

"Seem like it would be kind of hard to put framing for stretched fabric around the windows and compound curves."

Actually the stretched fabric was not intended for the outside walls. I was suggesting its use for interior walls other than the outer ones. Namely the walls that are needed to enclose the bathroom area and provide separation between the bedroom, bath and kitchen areas.

I think you mentioned building new interior walls and cabinets. What did you use for those things?

Malcolm
malconium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2004, 12:11 PM   #24
2 Rivet Member

1983 34' Limited
Las Vegas , Nevada
Send a message via MSN to dmadam
HI Malcolm,
Not building new interior wall as I left the hall/bath area intact. What I am doing is building new kitchen cabinets, overheads, bed in the rear and front bed/sofa. I am turning the dinette area into an eating counter. Am using 1x2 to 1x5 poplar for all. I will send a pix of the frame work later.
David
Old 03-22-2007, 03:07 PM   #25
Rivet Master

1973 31' Sovereign
Portland , Oregon
A blank canvas...

I see that I started this thread more than two years ago! Just this last weekend I finally got to the point where this topic is now relevant for me. I finished installing all of my interior skins (except for the strip down the middle). I also applied two coats of Shelac based primer (BIN's) and everything now looks clean and crisp. I still need to do some checking to make sure all of my wiring is OK before I put the middle ceiling panel back in place. I also need to come to some conclusions about lighting down the middle. I have included a couple of photographs of the sparkling white interior in the hopes that it may be of inspiration to some of you that are still working toward this goal yourselves.

At any rate my Airstream is now a blank canvas inside and I am finally ready to start putting it back together. So I am wondering if anyone has any updates on things that they have done along the various lines of what has been discussed here to date. I still have not yet made up my mind as to what type of materials to use for my interior partitions. I am still leaning in favor of either canvas or hollow core doors. I am still thinking about what type of doors to use for either option. For that matter I am still not exactly sure what my floorplan layout will be.

Anyone interesting in continuing the discussion started here?

Thanks,

Malcolm
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WhiteInside_1.JPG
Views:	121
Size:	161.8 KB
ID:	34385   Click image for larger version

Name:	WhiteInside_2.JPG
Views:	119
Size:	142.9 KB
ID:	34386