Old 06-27-2010, 03:52 PM   #1
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Sioux Falls , South Dakota
Sofa removal done! Cost to recover?

1976 31' Sovereign International - There's about nothing in the living area I like. Somebody painted the arms of the end table. That's coming out. The sofa bed is decent but I'm thinking I'd like it re upholstered. Anybody have a cost number for me to brace for?

The folding table and the counter top storage cabinet is coming out and not going back in.

The thing about the folding sofa I hate is the difficulty of cleaning under and behind it. It almost needs to be removed like I have done now just to clean behind it. Maybe I'm missing something. I'm pretty sure this has never been cleaned under and behind . . . ever.

The small sofa is out and not going back in.

I love taking things apart:-)

Old 08-02-2010, 12:05 PM   #2
1 Rivet Member

1989 25' Excella
Hershey , Pennsylvania
We had our gaucho recovered recently and the cost was about $700. That included the removable arms and the storage drawer front. Good luck with your project!

Old 08-02-2010, 01:59 PM   #3
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Sioux Falls , South Dakota
Quote:
Originally Posted by 89Excella View Post
We had our gaucho recovered recently and the cost was about $700. That included the removable arms and the storage drawer front. Good luck with your project!

Thanks for the reply. I'm thinking for the cost of reupholstering my sofa I can buy a new one. I'm not in love with the design of attaching the sofa to the wall and the floor. It makes it too hard to clean under and around it and to inspect for leaks. I plan to look for new jackknife sofas that will fit in the coach door.

I have a nice compact recliner that I plan on using in place of the small sofa. I'm enjoying my time servicing and repairing my trailer. I think it'll be a comfortable place to stay.

Gary
Splitrock is offline   Reply With Quote