Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > General Interior Topics
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-28-2014, 05:39 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
Navarre , Florida
Slide out Double help

The PO had converted the slide out double in my 75 Tradewind into the bottom bunk of a custom twin bunk bed setup. I don't have any need for bunk beds so I've removed the top bunk frame and want to reconvert it back to a pull out double.

This is what's left. I know I need a sheet of plywood placed down across the sliders but what else am I missing? Does anyone know the original dimensions of the cushions? It looks like something may have been drilled into the skin.. Possibly a backrest?

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAirstream Forums1419813487.241294.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	229373Thanks in advance for the help.
Rsmied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 06:37 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1972 31' Sovereign
1975 31' Excella 500
Currently Looking...
Benton , Arkansas
The piece of plywood that caps the cabinet was hinged to the wall.

The cushion was about the width of a single mattress, the length is determined by the size of the opening between the bulkheads.

I think it is super single size, but I am subject to correction here.

1/2 Ton 4WD Truck, 72 Sovereign Hensley Arrow

J. Morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2014, 08:09 PM   #3
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
You will need two pieces of plywood, one the width of the framework you see, and another just slightly wider than the gap that will be formed by pulling the first piece of plywood out. The first piece of the bed will fit on top of the large piece of plywood, the second will fit on top of the smaller piece of plywood. That is going to be the minimum you need to have a double pullout bed there.
The larger piece of plywood will be screwed to the moving part of the frame, and the edge of the smaller piece will be screwed to the non-moving part of the frame, against the wall.