Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-05-2011, 12:40 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2000 25' Excella
Northern , California
Shower Door Replacement

My 2000 Excella has the rigid plastic accordion shower door that seems to have been in use for many earlier years. Ours still “works”, i.e., it keeps water inside the shower enclosure, and it’s still in good condition, but it’s always been a bit of an irritant. I’ve long wanted to replace it, but I’ve never found a replacement product that sufficiently solved the problem to justify the cost and effort. The main problem with the rigid plastic accordion shower door is the amount of room it consumes in the “open” position, leaving a relatively small opening for entry and exit into the shower enclosure. I’m inclined to replace it with a simple shower curtain, one the will enable the full opening into the shower enclosure. I’ve seen older threads on this topic, but didn’t actually see their final solutions, if any.

I’ve been thinking of installing a ceiling-mounted track across the opening, then hanging a conventional shower curtain from the track. The track mechanism on the website below is what I’ve been thinking about, but I’ve hesitated since I’m unsure whether there is a solid material overhead on which to mount. I doubt the thin fiberglass wall (ceiling) of the shower enclosure will stand up to the opening and closing of the shower curtain.

Anyone know of a good solution? Can the track shown on this link be successfully mounted to a suitable mount on the enclosure ceiling?

http://www.curtain-tracks.com/recmar-4372-deluxe-shower-curtain-kit-flexible.html
Kamiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 12:56 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1999 25' Safari
Denver , Colorado
Track

Well it's hard to tell how much surface area there is on the brackets that hold the rail from the web site. I think that I would propably be inclined to use a water proof glue than any type of screws. Just a thought