Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > General Interior Topics
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-30-2002, 01:32 PM   #21
3 Rivet Member

1972 25' Tradewind
Redmond , Oregon
Dan,
Shoes - Tennessee? I went to aviation school in Millington in '76 and I do not recall many of the natives wearing shoes Well, maybe a few did in the winter. I have fond memories of your state and hope to get back someday. And I still say 'maaam', some things do last! Les Brush
igor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2002, 04:04 PM   #22
4 Rivet Member

Les,
Glad you had a good time in Tennessee. Come back anytime. We got plenty grits, cornbread, catfish and bar-b-q. Baring extra shoes for trade goods.
By the way, we were in your state last month. Had a good time and plan to go back. Hood River was a nice town. Had a super dinner at the Pourhouse.
Dan
Dbraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 06:04 PM   #23

1988 34' Limited
1988 32.5' Airstream 325
rising sun , Maryland
how did you build it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbraw
FrankR,
Attached are some photos of our new dinette I just completed. I hope they come through. I built it out of .75 inch oak plywood trimmed with maple. Stained walnut and finished with satin Wipe On Poly by Minwax. The insides are painted beige. The table does fit below in order to make a bed for grandkids. The bed is 31 inches by 75 inches. I used the foam from the original couch and cut it to fit. MY wife uphostered the cushions. Next, she will make drapes. We are still getting ready to take it on the road for the first time.
Dan B
Tennessee
Do you know where I can get plans to build booth seats that convert to a bed. I have a table from an older RV?????
doggone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 06:39 PM   #24
4 Rivet Member

Dinnette plans

Doggone,
I don't have a source for dinette seat plans. Just figgured them out myself. you might look at as many RV's as possible for ideas and dimensions.
Good luck,
Dan
Dbraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 01:27 AM   #25
Cat
4 Rivet Member

Mukilteo , Washington
Send a message via Yahoo to Cat
Conversion

Click image for larger version

Name:	VardoConvertDin.Bed.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	20941
You say you do NOT want one that converts into a bed.
oh well...
just wanted to share these....it all may be too bohemian for your tastes neway.

The note that went with the photo by the owner:
1. A few shots of the interior. This is the table. At night it folds out of the way, and the bed (above) comes down on pulleys and rests on the benches.
2. The lids simply lift up to access the space inside. They're all sturdy seats too. We can probably fit about 10 people in the wagon and have places for all of them to sit.