Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > General Interior Topics
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-05-2011, 01:13 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
Davidson County , NC Highlands County, FL
Safari six sleeper

I need help from some of you with Safari six sleepers! I posted a previous thread re this topic a while back, but did not get an answer from any six sleeper owners or commercial members.

The specs for my 25' Safari six sleeper say that I should have two 12v power outlets and two antenna outlets. My Safari has only one of each and they are located in the bedroom. I assume the previous owner has removed the other outlets from the living area. And, there is no switch that would turn on the antenna amplifier.

Will some of you tell me where the original outlets are located in the living area in your trailer. I want to restore mine to original. A picture would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
Alan
A W Warn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 01:31 PM   #2
My Grandparents Airstream

2007 28' Safari SE
Hillsboro , Texas
Send a message via AIM to Andrew Selking
Have you looked behind the curtains in the living room. I have a friend that told me he didn't have a outlet in his bedroom for the tv. We looked and it was behind the curtains.
WBCCI #6062
International 3rd Vice President

"Airstream the Best trailer ever built."
Andrew Selking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 01:41 PM   #3
tpi
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Trabuco Canyon , California
I have an '05 six sleeper. One set of outlets is in the bedroom wall by the mirror/tilt down table. The other is near the wall baseboard centered under the dinette. The switch for the amplifier is built into the outlet under dinette.

Next time I'm at trailer I'll grab a pic.
tpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 01:57 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
Andrew and tpi, thanks for the response.

I went out to the trailer and looked again.
Pulled the curtains beside the television, no outlets there.
Crawled under the dinette. 120v outlet and telephone jack are there, but no antenna or 12v outlets. No amp switch.

The PO has re-upholstered the interior walls. I'm thinking they may have removed them and covered the holes beneath the fabric with a patch. I have probed with my hands and a screwdriver and can not find where they used to be.
Old 06-05-2011, 02:04 PM   #5
tpi
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
I'll get you a pic, although perhaps my '05 is different than you're '00. But yes under my dinette there are telephone and 120 V. The antenna outlet, 12 volt outlet, and booster switch are all on one plate in the general vicinity.

There is one other TV outlet in the upper curved cabinet near the refrigerator. It is for a wall mount TV. There is no 12V or booster switch on that one.
Old 06-05-2011, 02:23 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
Thanks tpi.
I checked in the cabinet beside the fridge too. Nothing in there. That is where I thought it should be. There is a cable (only) near the television where the cable receiver box set inside the cabinet (not original equipment)
Alan
Old 06-05-2011, 03:44 PM   #7

2007 28' Safari SE
Hillsboro , Texas
Can you post some pictures of your unit. I always like a hunt. Like trying to find Waldo. It is there somewhere we just have to find it. Where is you antenna located at on the ceiling? The switch is usually not to far from crank on the ceiling. Do you have a tray for the TV. Mine switch is on the wall by the frig and this is right by the factory mount for the TV. Keep us informed.
WBCCI #6062

Old 06-05-2011, 06:30 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
these are pictures of my Safari

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew selking View Post
can you post some pictures of your unit. I always like a hunt. Like trying to find waldo. It is there somewhere we just have to find it. Where is you antenna located at on the ceiling? The switch is usually not to far from crank on the ceiling. Do you have a tray for the tv. Mine switch is on the wall by the frig and this is right by the factory mount for the tv. Keep us informed.
wall beside the fridge has no outlets behind the tv
Click image for larger version

Name:	download from blackberry 2 070.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	361.7 KB
ID:	131636
my Safari with antenna in up position

Name:	download from blackberry 2 067.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	358.4 KB
ID:	131637
the antenna crank handle is in the ceiling just to the right of the door as you enter. there are no 12v or antenna outlets behind the curtains. light switches are just below the curtains

Name:	download from blackberry 2 072.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	385.7 KB
ID:	131638
the wall behind the curtain has no outlets. if you look carefully you can see a power cord that runs to the outlet beneath the table. the cable runs behind the fridge, behind the lav, toilet, and shower into the rear bumper compartment. These wires are not original equipment.

Name:	download from blackberry 2 068.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	353.9 KB
ID:	131639
Old 06-05-2011, 07:17 PM   #9
tpi
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
'05 Safari SS
Old 06-05-2011, 08:35 PM   #10
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by A W Warn View Post
I need help from some of you with Safari six sleepers! I posted a previous thread re this topic a while back, but did not get an answer from any six sleeper owners or commercial members.

The specs for my 25' Safari six sleeper say that I should have two 12v power outlets and two antenna outlets. My Safari has only one of each and they are located in the bedroom. I assume the previous owner has removed the other outlets from the living area. And, there is no switch that would turn on the antenna amplifier.

Will some of you tell me where the original outlets are located in the living area in your trailer. I want to restore mine to original. A picture would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
Alan
Alan, I'll be going through your area Saturday morning. If you haven't found it by then, give me a PM, and I can swing by and help you try to locate it.
Old 06-05-2011, 09:25 PM   #11
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63 View Post
Alan, I'll be going through your area Saturday morning. If you haven't found it by then, give me a PM, and I can swing by and help you try to locate it.
Terry,
I appreciate the offer, but I am not planning to be home this Saturday. If nothing changes, in a day or so I am headed back to be in the mountains where it's cooler. There is no cell phone or internet there so I will not be online in the forum unless we go to town.
Do you know where those outlets would have been mounted when the Safari was new. All of the Excellas I owned before this Safari had these outlets mounted on the exterior wall near the fridge right at the tv credenza. This is my first Safari, so I'm in a learning curve. I moved the tv and curtains and looked behind them, but did not see anything. Since a previous owner put new fabric on the walls I think they coverd the original outlets up when they ran new cable for satilite or catv (you can see the cable in the picture in my post above) If I new exactly where to probe I think I can find them and return them to original condition on my own.

Thanks again!
Alan
Old 06-05-2011, 09:29 PM   #12
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
Tpi,

I appreciate you taking time to get that information/photo to me.

I have a 120v recepticle and the old block style phone jack just to the right of where your outlets are located. I do not have the other two outlets.

Thanks!
Alan
Old 06-05-2011, 10:09 PM   #13
tpi
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Out of curiosity where is the flat screen TV mounted on the wall w/ thermostat getting its antenna connection? It appears to have antenna cable in the pic. Maybe you can trace it somewhere?
Old 06-05-2011, 10:37 PM   #14
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Hi, these pictures are from my 2005 25' Safari. [not a six sleeper] The pictures were taken during my remodel and with the credenza removed. I would think that they would be in the same place on your trailer, but hidden by your dinette seat next to the refrigerator wall. Hope this helps; If not, I tried.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2009 263.jpg
Views:	132
Size:	181.4 KB
ID:	131691   Click image for larger version

Name:	2009 265.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	200.8 KB
ID:	131692  

YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 05:32 AM   #15
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by A W Warn View Post
Terry,
I appreciate the offer, but I am not planning to be home this Saturday. If nothing changes, in a day or so I am headed back to be in the mountains where it's cooler. There is no cell phone or internet there so I will not be online in the forum unless we go to town.
Do you know where those outlets would have been mounted when the Safari was new. All of the Excellas I owned before this Safari had these outlets mounted on the exterior wall near the fridge right at the tv credenza. This is my first Safari, so I'm in a learning curve. I moved the tv and curtains and looked behind them, but did not see anything. Since a previous owner put new fabric on the walls I think they coverd the original outlets up when they ran new cable for satilite or catv (you can see the cable in the picture in my post above) If I new exactly where to probe I think I can find them and return them to original condition on my own.

Thanks again!
Alan
I have a low-voltage wiring tracer that generates an RF tone, so we could follow the coax to the plug.
Strangely, we're going through where you are to Asheville to attend my wife's nephew's high school graduation. We'll also be in the area toward the end of the month to help my nephew (in Salisbury) pack if you haven't found it by then. He's moving back to California.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:11 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpi View Post
Out of curiosity where is the flat screen TV mounted on the wall w/ thermostat getting its antenna connection? It appears to have antenna cable in the pic. Maybe you can trace it somewhere?
per note at third picture in post #8 - the tv cable runs behind the fridge and cabintes, and bath fixtures into the rear bumper storage
Old 06-06-2011, 01:37 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
Thanks to all who have helped me!

Thanks to all who have helped me!

I received a PM from a fellow forum member, Extiger, with information that directed me to the location where the outlets were originally installed. A previous owner had removed them, I assume when they re-located the TV installed onto the wall mount TV bracket. (Extiger said he uses a TV table near the original outlets) The original antenna and 12v outlet location is between the road side windows about 4' above the floor.

I think all I will have to do to get things back to original is to uncover the boxes that are mounted in the exterior wall, install new devices, and install new cover plates.

I appreciate all the responses, thanks!!!
Alan
Old 06-06-2011, 02:06 PM   #18

2007 28' Safari SE
Hillsboro , Texas
Glad you figured it out.
WBCCI #6062