Old 06-06-2011, 05:32 AM   #15
Well Preserved

1974 31' Sovereign
1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Originally Posted by A W Warn View Post
I appreciate the offer, but I am not planning to be home this Saturday. If nothing changes, in a day or so I am headed back to be in the mountains where it's cooler. There is no cell phone or internet there so I will not be online in the forum unless we go to town.
Do you know where those outlets would have been mounted when the Safari was new. All of the Excellas I owned before this Safari had these outlets mounted on the exterior wall near the fridge right at the tv credenza. This is my first Safari, so I'm in a learning curve. I moved the tv and curtains and looked behind them, but did not see anything. Since a previous owner put new fabric on the walls I think they coverd the original outlets up when they ran new cable for satilite or catv (you can see the cable in the picture in my post above) If I new exactly where to probe I think I can find them and return them to original condition on my own.

Thanks again!
I have a low-voltage wiring tracer that generates an RF tone, so we could follow the coax to the plug.
Strangely, we're going through where you are to Asheville to attend my wife's nephew's high school graduation. We'll also be in the area toward the end of the month to help my nephew (in Salisbury) pack if you haven't found it by then. He's moving back to California.

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup.
overlander63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 01:11 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
1999 34' Excella
Davidson County, NC , Highlands County, FL
Originally Posted by tpi View Post
Out of curiosity where is the flat screen TV mounted on the wall w/ thermostat getting its antenna connection? It appears to have antenna cable in the pic. Maybe you can trace it somewhere?
per note at third picture in post #8 - the tv cable runs behind the fridge and cabintes, and bath fixtures into the rear bumper storage

A W Warn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 01:37 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
1999 34' Excella
Davidson County, NC , Highlands County, FL
Thanks to all who have helped me!

Thanks to all who have helped me!

I received a PM from a fellow forum member, Extiger, with information that directed me to the location where the outlets were originally installed. A previous owner had removed them, I assume when they re-located the TV installed onto the wall mount TV bracket. (Extiger said he uses a TV table near the original outlets) The original antenna and 12v outlet location is between the road side windows about 4' above the floor.

I think all I will have to do to get things back to original is to uncover the boxes that are mounted in the exterior wall, install new devices, and install new cover plates.

I appreciate all the responses, thanks!!!
A W Warn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 02:06 PM   #18
My Grandparents Airstream
2007 28' Safari SE
Hillsboro , Texas
Send a message via AIM to Andrew Selking
Glad you figured it out.

Andrew Selking
WBCCI #6062
Region 9 1st VP

"Airstream the Best trailer ever built."
Andrew Selking is offline   Reply With Quote