Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-29-2018, 03:46 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

anderson , South Carolina
roof height varies in 67 caravel above tabour

I'm reconstructing the tabour on my 67 caravel and find the measurement from floor to ceiling is higher at the forward of the port side tabour then the rear of trailer side of it. I didn't install the tabour yet. I'm pondering if to make a greater gap at the front/to ceiling (2") then at the rear/to ceiling (1").... then the tabour will be level to the floor.

another option is to make it level to the ceiling which would create a 1" gap between tabour forward and the aluminum curtain track and no gap at the rearward.

another option is like above but to close the gap up front to curtain track causing the bottom to lean down at front not lean at rear.

or split the difference which I will likely do

are you confused.. sorry.

Question.. on the port side tabour on your 65-67 caravel.. is the gap to the ceiling the same or different at the front compared to the rear?

maybe Wally allowed such variations. or I should jump on the roof a few times up front if that would lower the roof there.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	g.png
Views:	45
Size:	5.5 KB
ID:	324000  
ohpoppy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
caravel