Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > General Interior Topics
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-12-2003, 11:05 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

restoring 1969 Land Yacht

Hi there,

I am staring to fix up our 1969 31' LY. My list of questions for all the experts out there are:

1. What kind of flooring would you recommend putting in to retain some of the original styling?
(currently has burber ~ put in by a previous owner)

2. Where can I get information on what the front sofa originally was apholstered in? Any suggestions on colors or fabric?

3. Is there anywhere to buy replacement items such as cupboard door latches and the metal arms used to prop open the windows?
If not, do you have any suggestions on a good alternate hardware item?

4. Any tips on replacing the screen on the door and windows (all in good shape except for one window and front door)

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Once I get started, I will try to post some pictures for those interested.

Cheers,

JA
jardiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2003, 11:33 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member

1969 27' Overlander
Firth , Nebraska
JA,

Sounds like you are looking to go back to as original as possiable?

I too have a '69 . Mine is a 27' Overlander International. I am fortunate in that it is all original with the exception of the upholstery. although there is an original piece on the wall in the bed area.

The carpet in mine is a medium green short loop and covers all floor space. I have found a carpet at the local HD that is a very close match.

Have as yet to find any thing even similar to the fabric used for upholstery.

cupboard latches are available from Inland Rv at Inlandrv. com. They may have the window props also.

Window screen is just nylon screen from a local hardware store . Use a screen roller tool to install . Mine turned out great. I used the original plastic screen bead.

Good luck and enjoy,

Loren
69 Silverback is offline   Reply With Quote