Old 04-27-2015, 10:37 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member
1967 30' Sovereign
Chesapeake , Virginia
Replacing interior skin

Have not started yet, just trying to get info for when I get to that part. I "plan" on gutting my 67 Sovereign 30', (maybe even shell off), but I want to put in all new aluminum int skin...the tricky part is the end caps? Are there diagrams or form measurements for cutting the aluminum for these areas....please forgive my ignorance if I don't call something by its proper name, newbie to Airstream world. I have seen some beautiful jobs done with copper even, and it looks as if that area would be cut into several narrow strips for that area.

83spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 07:14 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member
1953 21' Flying Cloud
Atlanta , Georgia
just ordered 2 new interior end cap kits for my '53 flying cloud from Colin Hyde

he has digitized plans for a lot of the models' end caps and laser cuts the pieces and holes to assemble them together, the pieces also have the bezel you see on your old ones. He sends you the panels flat and you assemble them (ideally with buck rivets)

cost $440 for each kit, but cuts a lot of the guess work out of rebuilding them on your own.

he also told me he now has plans for 50's whale tail end caps
handrew is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off