Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > General Interior Topics
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-12-2009, 11:09 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Portland , Oregon
Replacement table leg for safari

We have the front bedroom Safari and are unhappy with the wobbly table leg. I found an adjustable pedestal for the table that looks to be just the answer. Here is the problem. The trailer is in storage and I don't have time to drive out there and measure the distance from the bottom of the table to the floor when the dinette is set up as a bed.

Anyone know what that distance is?

Thanks much.

Pat
Furzwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 10:14 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD
2011 19' International
2007 25' International CCD FB
Pleasant Hill , California
Table Leg

Hello Pat,
Did you ever resolve your wobbly table leg problem?

Mine just fell off. Thinking of a more robust solution. One of the concerns that I have is mounting a base on the floor with screws. Thinking about the potential of drilling through something like a water line or holding tank. I also have a 25 FB.

Thanks for any info
BoatBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 10:33 AM   #3
1 Rivet Member

2007 25' Safari FB SE
Portland , Oregon
Thumbs up

We did. We went with a pedestal - the screws were short, so no worries about hitting anything vital. At Camping world they have the old fashioned pedastal - take the leg out when you want to turn the dinette into a bed. We found a marine pedistal that is 3 stage and can be lowered. It was more expensive, but looks so cool, like our trailer came with it.

We are on the road right now, so don't have the name on it. Camping world is supposed to carry it, but I bought it direct from the manufacturer (we have a small business I used as the buyer) for significantly less.

Pat
Furzwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 07:31 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD
2011 19' International
2007 25' International CCD FB
Pleasant Hill , California
Hello,
I reattached the table leg with a little epoxy. Also, I drop the table when travelling now. I will eventually replace it with a pedestal. Thanks for getting back to me!

Take care,
BoatBoy is offline   Reply With Quote