Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > General Interior Topics
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-02-2005, 07:03 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1951 21' Flying Cloud
1960 24' Tradewind
West Coast , BC
Send a message via MSN to safari57
Replacement table - inexpensive option

The table in my '51 FC is white arborite over plywood. It was pretty beat but worked and was in the trailer when I acquired it. Last night as we were heading out to visit friends we noticed a neighbor had put out a well used oak coffee table with a sign "free". Other than a sanding and re-staining it is a beautiful piece of furniture. Today I stripped the legs and skirting off (reducing the weight in the process significantly) cut the length down to the current table size, mounted the table base for the chrome pipe, and what a nice table for the trailer. It looks very nice and the extra length I cut off will work nicely to replace the flip up counter extension.

So, if you are looking for a way to have a nice table and are woodworking challenged as I am a great alternative is to hit the used furniture stores and find one that meets your width requirements and with only a saw and a few other basic tools you too can impress the heck out of your spouse as I was able to do. And at least in my case the total cost was zero given it was someone else's throw away. I'll get a picture up when I get my camera back from the repair shop. Barry
safari57 is offline   Reply With Quote