Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > General Interior Topics
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-10-2009, 11:15 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Grosse Pointe Park , Michigan
Replacement front seats--can it be done?

Hi: I am getting a set of new AS leather seats, including two front seats, hopefully to replace our 27 year old front seats. The guys selling the seats does not have a model number but they look very similar to the Flexsteel ones already in my 1982 280. What are the chances they can be easily swapped out?
I am scheduled to pick them up Friday but it's a drive, so I want to know ahead of time if there is zero chance that we can use the two front seats. I know I can't use the third chair and will sell it on Craigslist asap.
Thanks in advance.[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Owner/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG]
Attached Images

swanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:15 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Grosse Pointe Park , Michigan
Airstream Mothership says YES!

For those just dying to know, the helpful guy in Tech Support (Chris) checked out the pictures of the seats and thinks it's doable. Unfortunately, the guy selling has not gotten back to me to arrange the pick-up that was supposed to be tomorrow. It's a three hour drive each way, so we really do need to hear back from him before starting the trip. The good news is that Airstream will hold onto the seats until they can work us in to install them next week, they just couldn't make it work tomorrow afternoon on such short notice but I felt like if they could have, they would have. So far, I'm quite pleased with AS factory's responsiveness and willingness to work with me.
swanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 09:20 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1968 28' Ambassador
Cedaredge , Colorado
Anything is doable with: metal, cutting torch, and a good welder....

May you have at least one sunny day, and a soft chair to sit in..

2008 5.7 L V8 Sequoia
AIR # 31243
WBCCI # 6987
FOUR CORNERS UNIT
purman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 05:46 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1984 28' Funeral Coach
Belleview , Florida
No problem! Seats are often made with alternate holes in the seat frame to match pedestals of different variations. I put new seats in Airstream One a few years back and all went smoothly with aftermarket seats.

I just finished removing them for the engine job in process so the guys would have clear access and not make a mess.

New seat upgrades are worth every penny spent.
Glen Coombe AIR #8416
1984 28' Funeral Coach
Former Rolling Showroom & PuttLab (now party bus)
"I'm not an expert. But I did sleep in an Airstream last night."
GlenCoombe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
captain's chairs, leather, replace