Old 04-06-2016, 12:23 PM   #57
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Wichita Falls , Texas
Just ordered my Lambright Wall Hugger directly from Vernon at Lambright. Getting it covered in Ultraleather Brisa 3867 Golden to match my Airstream's Ultraleather. I chose the oak handles. The maple Vernon, said was almost a white wood and felt the oak would be better to match the hickory cabinets. I didn't get the side table option. Should ship around May 4.

Kelvin

Old 05-07-2016, 11:04 AM   #58
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Wichita Falls , Texas
Got a call from Lambright on Friday saying my recliner shipped on May 4th. Got the recliner yesterday, May 6. Here are some photos. The chair must be assembled but requires no tools

The metal back rest slides over the brackets on the base. Then you slip over the backrest and secure the loops on the base. I'm going to take the chair over to the Airstream in storage today to see how if looks. I haven't removed the curb dinette furniture yet but I'm hoping to get an idea of the table height vs chair height.

Kelvin
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Lambright Recliner (1).jpg
Views:	50
Size:	229.3 KB
ID:	262080   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lambright Recliner (2).jpg
Views:	52
Size:	126.1 KB
ID:	262081  

Name:	Lambright Recliner (3).jpg
Views:	53
Size:	159.0 KB
ID:	262082   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lambright Recliner (4).jpg
Views:	59
Size:	265.0 KB
ID:	262083  

Name:	Lambright Recliner (5).jpg
Views:	53
Size:	141.1 KB
ID:	262084  

Old 05-07-2016, 03:43 PM   #59

2014 30' Flying Cloud
Sparks , Nevada
Comfortable?

2015 F350 CC 4X4 6.7 Diesel
2010 27FB Silver Cloud "The Silver Spoon"
Old 05-09-2016, 10:52 PM   #60
2 Rivet Member

1991 25' Excella
Pine Bluff , Arkansas
We're thinking about pulling out our Sofa too. Does the original carpet continue under the sofa to the wall or will we need to replace the flooring?
Old 05-10-2016, 01:37 AM   #61
Rivet Master

2016 30' International
Scottsdale , Arizona
Though we've given up our Airstream and returned to a Class A (for spacious interior living area and storage), I thought I should show what the recliners did for our 2016 30' International Serenity. The recliners did make the Serenity about as comfortable to hang out in as it could possibly be!

We removed one of the two dinette benches to make more floorspace for our two pups to relax.

We typically sat in our recliners and only used one of the dinette benches, on occasion, individually. We did find the dinette top exceptionally valuable as a working space for a variety of functions including load in, cooking, beverage bar etc.

Much as we appreciated what this Airstream offered, we found the interior floor space just too confining for us (two of us with two dogs) and the storage was no where near enough for us. When RVing, we tend to spend a lot of time hanging out inside the RV. That's why we're now in the Newmar 3124 Class A. Aside from that, the Airstream was an awesome RV!
Old 05-29-2016, 09:38 PM   #62
Rivet Master

1990 25' Excella
Sisters , Oregon
We removed the goucho from our '90 25' Excella and installed two Lazy Boys that we stole from our home theater. It has worked out perfectly as they are a unit with a console in the middle instead of arms and they fit beautifully. Plus they have two long center drawers for storage. I haven't bolted them to the floor yet as I want to replace the flooring, but I may never do it as they haven't shifted at all.

One modification that I had to make was to move the large fold-up table aft in order to make room for the chairs. I did that by cutting the front cabinet in half which now provides perfect storage for our two Airstream folding chairs.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	245.3 KB
ID:	263464  
WBCCI #4291

Grown men don't need leaders. ~ Edward Abbey
John&Vicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016, 11:42 PM   #63
Rivet Master

2016 30' International
Scottsdale , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by John&Vicki View Post
We removed the goucho from our '90 25' Excella and installed two Lazy Boys that we stole from our home theater. It has worked out perfectly as they are a unit with a console in the middle instead of arms and they fit beautifully. Plus they have two long center drawers for storage. I haven't bolted them to the floor yet as I want to replace the flooring, but I may never do it as they haven't shifted at all.

One modification that I had to make was to move the large fold-up table aft in order to make room for the chairs. I did that by cutting the front cabinet in half which now provides perfect storage for our two Airstream folding chairs.
Nice move, man! Now you're in comfort.
Old 05-30-2016, 07:15 AM   #64
EnglishGirl

2000 31' Excella
Milton , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by John&Vicki View Post

They look really good, what make are the chairs, I would love to do this...

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
Old 05-30-2016, 10:40 AM   #65
Rivet Master

1990 25' Excella
Sisters , Oregon
Englishgirl...

I bought these at the local La-Z-Boy store when we built a new home a few years ago. They are designed for home theaters and are smaller than typical La-Z-Boy recliners. The middle console is just perfect for the trailer as it acts as a table and has drawers for storage. The leather appears to be of good quality and they are wearing well. I use leather conditioner a couple of times a year. I'm not sure if they're still available.

I have a lousy back and this was the best thing I've done to my trailer. It does make it a two person trailer but that works out fine as it's just my wife and I.

Cheers,
John
WBCCI #4291

Grown men don't need leaders. ~ Edward Abbey
John&Vicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 11:12 AM   #66
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Portsmouth , Virginia
Very nice, that looks real comfy.

Ongoing adventures at:
http://1973overlander.blogspot.com/
aquinob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 12:07 PM   #67
Rivet Master

1965 24' Tradewind
1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
Mesa , Arizona
The chairs are still available. Maybe even on sale this weekend.

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote