Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > General Interior Topics
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-10-2015, 06:43 AM   #21
Rivet Master

1996 34' Excella
Elberta , Alabama
The only drawback of the Lambright chairs is that they tend to grab you and demand that you recline them and take a long nap!
They are expensive, without a doubt but worth every penny..

Larry
Larry C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 09:51 AM   #22
3 Rivet Member

2012 27' FB Eddie Bauer
2018 Tommy Bahama Interstate
Ouray , Colorado
We purchased 2 of the Lambright wall hugging recliners when we modified our 2012 27' Eddie Bauer. You get what you pay for, and we are very very happy with the purchase. To be able to recline and swivel with the back hatch open is great. So much more comfortable than the bench.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_EB27 Dineette Conversion.jpg
Views:	511
Size:	187.2 KB
ID:	232101  
jasperkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 04:33 PM   #23
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Portsmouth , Virginia
Very Cool. Appreciate the pix showing the chairs in an Airstream and how comfortable they are. Getting prices right now. Glastop doesnt want to do anything on price except what is listed on their website even though they say call for Dealer, Current RV Show, and Seasonal Discount Pricing.

Coach Supply will do the two chairs delivered for 1500 plus 170 for the side tables. Got another call in to another dealer and will call Brad and Hall tomorrow. Lead time will probably be around 4-5 weeks which works out fine, we should be close to finishing up phase 3 by then (fingers crossed).

Ongoing adventures at:
https://1973overlander.blogspot.com/
aquinob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 05:52 PM   #24
Rivet Master

2016 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Wildwood , Florida
Send a message via Skype™ to wxbuoy
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquinob View Post
Very Cool. Appreciate the pix showing the chairs in an Airstream and how comfortable they are. Getting prices right now. Glastop doesnt want to do anything on price except what is listed on their website even though they say call for Dealer, Current RV Show, and Seasonal Discount Pricing.

Coach Supply will do the two chairs delivered for 1500 plus 170 for the side tables. Got another call in to another dealer and will call Brad and Hall tomorrow. Lead time will probably be around 4-5 weeks which works out fine, we should be close to finishing up phase 3 by then (fingers crossed).
Let us know what you find. We are going to pull the trigger on 2 ourselves.
Old 02-11-2015, 08:33 PM   #25
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Portsmouth , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxbuoy View Post
Let us know what you find. We are going to pull the trigger on 2 ourselves.
So far Coach is the cheapest, bradd and hall is probably about 80 bucks more including the shipping and the two side tables. All based on the halo leather as the only upgrade besides the tables. Will have to see about the colors and maybe get a sample or just go ahead and order them. Lead time is probably the same from everybody, I'm guessing they ship directly from the factory.

Ongoing adventures at:
Old 03-13-2015, 12:23 PM   #26
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Portsmouth , Virginia
Ordered two of the Lambright chairs in a Navy Haloleather covering with the natural finish arms and side tables. Should be delivered in 4-5 weeks. Approx cost with shipping was a bit over 800 each. A dark blue wasnt my first choice, but we do have blue curtains so with a light wall color, hopefully the chairs will "Pop". Mamma says they wont show dirt and she picked the color, so it must be ok.

Ongoing adventures at:
Old 03-13-2015, 03:03 PM   #27
Rivet Master

Wildwood , Florida
Who did you order from?

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
Old 03-13-2015, 03:33 PM   #28
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Portsmouth , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxbuoy View Post
Who did you order from?

Coach supply. Josh was the contact. They were the cheapest out of everybody I talked to. Josh was willing to negotiate, paid 1500 for both chairs with the shipping came to 1670. Amish workbench furniture was the only other dealer that wanted to haggle a bit, they were 1732 for both chairs shipped. Glastop didn't want to negotiate at all, even though they say call for "Dealer, Current RV Show, and Seasonal Discount Pricing"

Ongoing adventures at:
Old 03-14-2015, 06:45 PM   #29
Rivet Master

Wildwood , Florida
Thanks Will call on Monday. Want to see if I can get color/fabric samples.
Old 03-14-2015, 09:00 PM   #30
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Portsmouth , Virginia
He will send you samples, may take a week or so for you to get them. You really dont want to decide a color based on pictures on the computer.

Ongoing adventures at:
Old 03-15-2015, 02:40 PM   #31
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1989 34.5' Airstream 345
Cleveland , Tennessee
Movie theatre seats

We went with movie theatre seats for our MH. We only need 2" clearance from the wall. The seats come apart easy. They are the seat part and the right side. The back is attached once inside without tools. It comes apart just as easy. The final piece was 1 left side. We used 2 seat/right sides, 2 backs, and 1 left side. Total cost was $750 plus sales tax. The head rest will flip up to watch tv or go down for naps. Also comes with cup holders.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0083.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	237.0 KB
ID:	234237   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0090.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	142.9 KB
ID:	234238  

AIR 22749 WBCCI 2349 NOVA TAC TN-6
1989 345 LE Classic Motorhome
3 Dog Nite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 05:39 PM   #32
Rivet Master

Wildwood , Florida
Ricki,

We looked at those after we saw yours! We were going to go with that idea but the new lay out wont allow for the extra width needed. But then again, DW has changed her mind 4 times so far, so you never know!
Old 03-31-2015, 03:02 PM   #33
3 Rivet Member

2008 34' Classic S/O
Arnprior , Ontario
my 2002 Classic has the standard front fold down couch which is neither a good couch or a comfortable bed. Looking to pull out the couch and replace it with a couple of Lazy Boys. My trailer is still in storage so I can;t get in it to look at it. My question is with regards to the two battery boxes and all of the electrical 'stuff' under the couch. When I remove the couch am I left with a clear/clean area to place the new chairs or will I be in for a major rework project. If anyone has done this, please let me know. I appreciate any help that I can get,
Thanks
Pete
white laker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 06:14 AM   #34
Rivet Master

1996 34' Excella
Elberta , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by white laker View Post
my 2002 Classic has the standard front fold down couch which is neither a good couch or a comfortable bed. Looking to pull out the couch and replace it with a couple of Lazy Boys. My trailer is still in storage so I can;t get in it to look at it. My question is with regards to the two battery boxes and all of the electrical 'stuff' under the couch. When I remove the couch am I left with a clear/clean area to place the new chairs or will I be in for a major rework project. If anyone has done this, please let me know. I appreciate any help that I can get,
Thanks
Pete
Pete,
I've redone 4 30' Excellas, exactly for the reasons you mention. On each of them, I've built additional storage space over the battery boxes, these cabinets replace the storage space that is lost when the sofa is removed.

It's not a particularly difficult job, however because of the contours of the walls and the fact that there are no square corners, some woodworking skill and tools is essential.

There are some recliners out there that are 27 to 29" wide, and are "Wall Huggers" that are excellent.

Good luck,

Larry
Larry C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 07:55 AM   #35
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Portsmouth , Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry C View Post
Pete,

There are some recliners out there that are 27 to 29" wide, and are "Wall Huggers" that are excellent.

Good luck,

Larry
Thats the width of the lambright chairs we ordered, 27" and they are wall huggers. Make the most use out of the limited space there.

Ongoing adventures at:
Old 04-01-2015, 12:53 PM   #36
Rivet Master

2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
I like my couch as a couch and as a bed. Wish I had a 34' so I could have a couch AND recliners-

1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 09:20 PM   #37
Rivet Master

2016 30' International
Scottsdale , Arizona
My wife and I are serious recliner people. We can't tolerate RV sofas for "all-evening relaxing". We want to be very comfortable sitting in our coach for many hours on end!

The most comfortable recliners which are suitable for the compact size of an RV, that also swivel, and rock that we have found, are the Best Furniture "Picot" swivel rocker recliners. About $600 each.

We bought the first one from an RV interior remodeling company in Junction City, OR. After sitting in it and reclining, I bought it on the spot for our first coach.

We loved it so much that, ultimately, we removed both sofas from our 43' diesel pusher and bought a second one from a regular furniture store.

We have lived full time with these great, comfortable, moderate sized recliners for a year and a half and would recommend them highly. They are only about 32" wide... the perfect size for RV use.

Now that we're downsizing from the 43' diesel pusher to an Airstream 30' Flying Cloud, we're going to buy another pair of Best Picot swivel, rocker, recliners to go into the 30' Flying Cloud Recliner model (we ordered it from the factory WITHOUT the recliners in it).

And, I will freely admit... yes, I've fallen asleep MANY times in this luxurious recliner! It's like a luxurious bed masquerading as a reclining chair! If it's the last recliner I own before I leave this world, I'm fine with that!

Here's the link:

http://www.besthf.com/best/Furniture...s/Medium/PICOT
DHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 09:57 PM   #38
3 Rivet Member

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
The Picot recliners look comfy. You may want to compare the dimensions of them to the Villa recliners Airstream uses.

Villa Lift Euro Recliner, Glastop Inc.

We tried a few different models to find one that fit, reclined, and swiveled without bumping the side wall. For example our Ekornes Stressless recliners from home looked too small for the space and the seat was too low; I could just see over the Airstream front window sill from mine. We settled on the factory recliners and they are quite good for fit and comfort.

cheryl
ckottum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 10:15 PM   #39
Rivet Master

2016 30' International
Scottsdale , Arizona
The Villa factory recliners seem to have an "ok" reception, but not "great". They certainly look nice. But it's all about the feel, ultimately.

Even our Airstream dealer suggested that we actually sit in the Airstream factory "Euro-style" recliners (which are on display, up the street from them at an RV furniture store) before deciding to order a recliner model Airstream "with or without" the supplied recliners.

We have sat in pricey Euro recliners before and while we found them to be OK, we have been more comfortable in the plusher-padded American style recliners.

I'm sure the Euro-recliners do a good job of seating one in reasonable comfort. But at this point, for us, "reasonable" isn't good enough. We want GREAT, if we can get it. ;-)

For us, it all comes down to this: while you are in an RV you spend nearly ALL of your time either sitting (sofa or recliner) or in bed.

After having one good-sized 5th wheel and two large diesel pusher RVs, we've learned that what is supremely important for us, when RVing, are just two things: superb recliners and a superb mattress.

If an Airstream has both of those, we're totally down with that! Even in a small trailer, with no slide-outs... one can be supremely comfortable, if you have the best seating and the best mattress.
DHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 10:38 PM   #40
3 Rivet Member

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Battle Lake , Minnesota
DHart, I see you are both using laptops from your chairs. If you get the 30' recliner model model, it works very well to replace the console flip-up table top between the recliners with a larger one, say 28" x 24" slightly tapered narrower toward the end, and the corners rounded. You will need a support leg to help the hinges hold it up. Experiment to suit you.

Then you can set the laptops on the little table top for use, as well as have breakfast or lunch there while catching the activity out the pano window. Or popcorn while watching a movie at night.

cheryl
ckottum is offline   Reply With Quote