Old 09-04-2010, 06:47 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

1977 31' Sovereign
Manchester , New Hampshire
Rear Headliner nightmare (Bath headliner)

Ok I thought this part of the bathroom project was pretty bad so I have had someone help me. Paid help thank god ok this head liner has been nothing but a pain in the butt . The guy I had help me had great suggestions from bracing with 2 by 4's to using screws to hold it up while we move it around . 5 hours later we get it up . If I had not have paid this poor man for his help he would have given up a hour in. Tomorrow we put back splash in and sink I have to hole drill out drain in tub I had to fill in because the old drain would not come loose so I had to cut it out. Well anyways the header is up now to put the slash guard and sink and under sink and side of sink and toilet and the carpet and the trim and put all plumbing together ..(catching breathhh, phewwwwwww) then bathroom will be done. Oh man then comes the beds and wheel wells wow.

2004 Nissan Titan with BT package
K/N Cool intake air
Duel power exhaust
Mrcrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 09:06 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1972 31' Sovereign
Lexington , Minnesota
It took us 2 trys to get ours in, and about an hour and a half each try. We did end up using 2 x 4s to brace it in while we got some rivets in. It is a PAIN! Then we had to drill out a couple of rivets along the bottom of it later when we discovered we had mis-riveted and sucked a dimple into the side of the outside skin! The front headliner was distroyed, so Chris is going to create a new one with aluminum along the lines of what Zep did on one of his projects.
We feel your pain!

Kay

Old 09-11-2010, 08:54 AM   #3
4 Rivet Member

1977 31' Sovereign
Manchester , New Hampshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minno View Post
It took us 2 trys to get ours in, and about an hour and a half each try. We did end up using 2 x 4s to brace it in while we got some rivets in. It is a PAIN! Then we had to drill out a couple of rivets along the bottom of it later when we discovered we had mis-riveted and sucked a dimple into the side of the outside skin! The front headliner was distroyed, so Chris is going to create a new one with aluminum along the lines of what Zep did on one of his projects.
We feel your pain!

Kay
For any one with the rear bath like ours found out best way to put up headliner first you need at least three people and you need to line up window with the mirror of headliner other wise it will be messsed up. The mirror has to be dead center of window. I made bunch of holes in top part with the mistakes I made going to make some kind of trim to cover it up and fill holes.

2004 Nissan Titan with BT package
K/N Cool intake air
Duel power exhaust
Mrcrowley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 08:35 PM   #4
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Sioux Falls , South Dakota
My front headliner is cracked but I'm going to take the religious approach to dealing with it.
Splitrock is offline   Reply With Quote