Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-12-2004, 10:01 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1974 27' Overlander
Puyallup , Washington
Queen size bed

Hi!

We are interested in finding out which years/models had a Queen size bed as an option. We're mostly interested in 1980s - 1990s models. Is this available only in rear bedroom configurations?

Thanks!

Curt
somefun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2004, 10:43 AM   #2
Rivet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by somefun
Is this available only in rear bedroom configurations?
Thanks!
Curt
I believe so. Rear bedroom floorplans date from the mid to late '70s, but do not become common until the early 80's. Somewhere around '85 the full rear bath configuration was dropped completely, except for (I think!) some corner bath units not unlike the present 22' layout.

Good luck!

Mark
j54mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 07:15 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Smile

the rear beds may have started a little earlier. I have owned both a '72 & '73 ambassador (31') that both had the center bath- rear bedroom floor plan. My current '79 also is center bath, rear bed.

I didn't realize until you just mentioned it.....but I don't recall seeing any of the recent year models with rear baths.

No personal experience...........but I have heard both good & bad stories @ rear baths. Lots of stories @ rear "sag", I've never actually seen an example of it. Gotta give 'em one thing.....the ones I have seen sure have more space.
Old 06-17-2004, 09:38 AM   #4
3 Rivet Member

1974 27' Overlander
Puyallup , Washington
Yeah, they do have alot of space! I currently have a '74 27' Overlander with rear bath and double bed. The rear bath worked well when our kids were smaller and liked to take baths! I'm not so much opposed to the rear bath configuration, but my wife and I would like a queen size bed (and it would be nice if all of the bathroom traffic didn't have to go through the bedroom). I'm doing some research -- maybe a mid 80s to mid 90s 25' 28' or 29' with rear queen. They seem to be way less common than the rear twins!
Wish me luck!

Thanks,

Curt
somefun is offline   Reply With Quote