Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-07-2012, 06:25 PM   #1

2007 27' International CCD FB
Danville , California
Put back Bed, kitchen cabinets, sink, stove, toilet and shower

Hi,

I just recently purchased a 2008 International 27fb that does not have the kitchen galley, shower, toilet and walls, queen bed, stove, and sink.

I am looking for the best way to put these items back into the AS in a cost effective manner (Not going to spend 20k to replace everything) over time. Some things I have been reading on the posts have been giving me good ideas, but I figured I would ask everyone how they would go about doing it?
CREAMOFWHEAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:49 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2017 30' Flying Cloud
2008 23' International
Keremeos , British Columbia
I'm very curious about where all the components are in such a new trailer. Anyway, I don't have any advice to give about how to go about adding all these things. However, check out this page: An open house - 1337stream Scroll down to the bedroom pictures. You can see how much they changed the entire bedroom configuration to accomodate their family. Their transformation may give you some inspiration on the possibilities.

Also, look for threads on vintage restorations. You'll find lots of advice.

Good luck and post pictures of your progress!

Lisa

2017 30' FC | 2002 Chinook Destiny | 2008 23' Int. CCD (written off: hail!)
bolerama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:46 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2000 19' Bambi
mt. Prospect , Illinois
It's an unusual situation that you're in-how did it come about, and what happened to the original pieces? Watch the classified section for what you need - there's a queen bed & cabinets for sale right now. The bath components do come up now and then.
robert claus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:52 PM   #4
Rivet Monster

1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Sprung Leak , North Carolina
Well if all that stuff is missing you have a clean slate. Just wander through the forums and see what other people have done.

Aaron
WBCCI #XXXX AIR #2495
Why are we in this basket...and where are we going
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 09:28 PM   #5
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Sioux Falls , South Dakota
I left the kitchen locker, the shower, and vanity top/sink. I sorta put everything else in from scratch. I still have the bed pedestal, side tables, and a wall cabinet to install. The cabinets and tops material was about $2,000. New cooking range, new refrigerator, new sink, faucets, and plumbing, probably another $2,000.

I bought a new jackknife sofa and I plan on installing a Scandinavian recliner and ottoman in addition to making a small side table or two to add to the living area. Everything will be movable so I can clean under everything and see if there are any water leaks.

I epoxied some parts of the wood floor, spar varnished other parts, and painted it all with Kilz Original. I put down Allure floor covering, and the cabinets and furniture will all sit on that. It's water proof and cleanable. I plan to add shades on some windows, blinds with side curtains on other windows, and full curtains on others.

Link below is my blog:
Kitchen Cabinets, Countertops - Airstream Forums

`
Splitrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:34 AM   #6

2007 27' International CCD FB
Danville , California
Story of my airstream

Thanks everyone for the info. I got the airstream through a company i work with. They sold it to me cheap because they had removed these items to make it a showroom airstream that they take on the road to demo product.

I will take pictures and post them when I have time.
CREAMOFWHEAT is offline   Reply With Quote