Old 06-26-2011, 06:01 PM   #15
Site Team

1963 26' Overlander
Hollis , New Hampshire
Thanks again for all the comments Once I saw what the discount was ($100) I decided that having extra was better so I ordered 2 full rolls (one free). The shipping for one roll is $65 and the second shipped free..... so if I had to order more it would have negated my savings. At least it will be ready to go when I am!

Shelly : TAC NH-6 | AIR 41359
Visit my blog!
Parts needed : Braund Antenna front tube fold down model!
reinergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 12:24 PM   #16
1 Rivet Member
1952 17' Clipper
Marina del Rey , California
Perforated Prodex or not?

So grateful to have so many ambitious DIY-ers pioneering the road ahead for the rest of us.

I am about to purchase Prodex for my 1952 Silver Streak Clipper. Do you guys recommend PERFORATED Prodex or the NON Perforated Prodex. The website fails to explain the difference in benefit.

ekstarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 09:06 PM   #17
Rivet Master
1973 27' Overlander
1972 29' Ambassador
St. Paul , Minnesota
Difference - the perforated allows a limited amount of air to escape otherwise sealed areas. Prodex total is an unbroken foil face making it a vapor-barrier that can both trap water left by intrusion or produce moisture itself via condensation from temperature differences. When vapor barriers are put into houses/sheds/etc. they are meant to face the 'conditioned' living space, the heated/cooled spaces, to reduce the possibility of condensation across temperature gradients so they produce a perforated 'wrap' that goes over top of the existing structure and breathes to help protect against wood rot or steel structures rusting.

Ah, so... since the aluminum shell is a nearly perfect vapor barrier and we toll tirelessly to keep them leak free the enemy would be from within, humidity from cooking, bathing and respiration finding its way deep in the walls and condensing out with temperature changes - so we don't want perforated...

Wabbiteer is offline   Reply With Quote