Old 03-07-2004, 09:16 PM   #15
3 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally posted by qqq
I hate my rear bath...so unpractical , if you don't pull the shade down , you will end up in jail for indecent exposure

Hart
...or some of us could end up in Playgirl magazine.

My vote is for the rear bathROOM. I prefer to hang my clothes in the closets rather than stuff toilets and showers in them.

bbb

Old 03-07-2004, 10:47 PM   #16
Rivet Master

As you phrased the question, I prefer the center bath. But not so much for the center bath, but rather for the rear bedroom. Even in our 25' it gives us, in effect, two seperate "living" areas. I can go stretch out on the bed with my book while my wife has the entire couch to herself for the newspaper. She can watch a movie and I can take a nap.

The center bath itself on our 25' is not luxurious, but it does have some good points. I consider the shower to be quite roomy and user friendly. The bathroom counterspace with undercounter storage is a real plus, making one's morning ablutions as simple and convenient as at home. The toilet is ok, but the real shortfall is the bathroom floor itself: we had to cut a bathmat in half to fit, it is that small. I could dress in there, but only as an exercise in possibilites. As Pahaska points out, it is a real shame they have not chosen to use some of the extra 6" in the newer widebodies to provide a bit more room in there.

Mark

Old 03-08-2004, 12:41 AM   #17

That is exactly my thinking. That the B room would separate the two spaces. Being a Virgo I like to analyze …

Love your floor plan! I have been looking on Ebay and have never seen that lay out before! Glad to see it in a 25 foot model.

If only I could find that layout in a late 60's model I would be living large!

I am honestly amazed by the response in such a short time!

Thanks for the support
and
The search continues….
Old 03-08-2004, 06:22 AM   #18
Just a member

1978 28' Argosy 28
Tampa Bay , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64 Send a message via Skype™ to thenewkid64
The first example I have seen was in a 77 Excella 500, 31 footer. I do not know of any 60's models that had a center bath. In the 70s the sovereigns were the only one I was aware of with it. Once you get to the 80s the floorplan options expanded and there are many lengths with the center bath.
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
-------------------------
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 06:46 AM   #19
Still Working

1994 36' Classic 36
North Charleston , South Carolina
Had both

Nothing less than center bath.

Rear bath provides for traffic through your bedroom by others.

I prefer the little piece of solitary that thay the rear bed provides.

I look for two kinds of trailer when I am shopping, single axle or rear bed.

Smily
Old 03-08-2004, 07:58 AM   #20
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Quote:
Preference: Rear or Center Bath?
Ours only takes up 1/4 of the back and leaves the rest for the Double Bed.

Couple of reasons we like this set up...

1. It may not be a 30 ft A/S + luxery bath - but we are not full timers yet and probably spend a miniscule amount of our time in the bathroom

2. We don't have the luxery of having a seperate shower - but at least we have upgraded from a porta potti under the V-Berth - to us this will be heaven.

3. The sink is not overly huge - but it sure is nicer than slinging a bucket over the side of the boat to brush your teeth and wash your hair

4. We wake up to a panoramic view of our forest where we live - so depending on where her wheels will land over north america we are sort of hoping to wake up to some pretty spectacular views! (a toilet or bathtub is not exactly what we had in mind)

Structurly in the older models I would think the centre models would be better. Many of the ailments I hear and see on this forum are the rear baths.

Safety - step in showers are far more safer than stepping in and out of a tub. If it is a tub one wants - bring along one of those soft hot tubs fill er up and let the sun do the rest. (you can always sneak out there in the middle of the night.)

Don't have kids - but would hate them romping through my bedroom everytime to use the lou.

JMHO

SPK
Old 03-08-2004, 09:35 AM   #21
Patriotic

1973 23' Safari
North of Boston , Massachusetts
Musings....

in the smaller trailers, the rear bath seems to make the most sense. its the most efficient use of space, and as far as the "people walking through the bedroom to get to the bath"...well, there ain't no privacy in a smaller-ish trailer, anyway. I doubt you'd really want to travel w/ 2 other adults in a camper this small. don't forget, it IS a "camper"; not a 5-star hotel.

They had center baths as early as 1973 in the 31 footers. I was just looking at the diagrams in my newly aquired 73 service manual. It has been said that these had grey tanks as an option, but there is absolutely no mention of it in the service manual...perhaps that was a mid-year change, added that after they published the book (?).
Old 03-08-2004, 10:30 AM   #22
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Quote:
there ain't no privacy in a smaller-ish trailer, anyway
Hey Chuck sure there is - just close your eyes and imagine your in that 5 star hotel And if you wish hard enough you can have breakfast in bed too - and not have to go too far.....

SPK
Old 03-08-2004, 10:43 AM   #23
Patriotic

1973 23' Safari
North of Boston , Massachusetts
Well, starting this season, I WILL be having breakfast in bed whilst on A/S outings. or at least "breakfast, on the fixture upon which I sleep". (front gaucho). Jr. is too big now to use his bouncy-chair on the couch, (tucked behind the pull-out table to secure it) for a bed, so he gets one of the bunks, and daddy gets the gaucho.
Old 03-08-2004, 01:46 PM   #24
2 Rivet Member

Center bath..because it is so nice to have a rear 'room' surrounded with 3 operating windows (and vista view). It is a place to *retire* during the day.
Old 03-08-2004, 03:50 PM   #25
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
I like the rear bath for a number of reasons, keep in mind, I'm only comparing newer coaches:

1) The center of the coach is more open
2) You get a dinette and a couch so the best of both worlds--also a fold out credenza by the couch.
3) 18 gal of black is plenty big.
4) New 6 sleeper coaches (last 3 years old or newer) have more closet space that the some of the center bath units (again, only talking newer units-- minus the 34' tri axle that unit has beyond ample closet space).

Minuses about the rear bath:

1) The bed a a bit smaller at 54" vs 60"
2) The head is a bit tight, however the shower has beyond ample room (when the shower is not is use, it's our hamper area).
3) 1/4 use window with one emergancy window (non function for everyday use). Dual Fantastic fans help greatly.
4) The inside person on the bed at night can have a challenge if they have to get out of bed as they crawl over the other person.

All things aside, still love the rear bath units. I would have thought that the new 30' Safari would have been a center bath, and was shocked at how similar it actually is to the six sleeper.

Eric
Old 03-10-2004, 09:56 PM   #26
4 Rivet Member

Send a message via Yahoo to silver suz
changing end bath to center bath?

Since we are ripping out everything , I'd like to do a new center bath, and change the old end bath into the bedroom. I noticed the newest AS have bunks and that's what I planned to do to make room for a desk looking out the back window. with teens I like the center bath and want lots of sound proofing between front and back.

Are there any problems to look forward to for changing the bath location??? silver suz
Old 03-10-2004, 10:07 PM   #27
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
It's kind of hard to tell since we don't have any info on the year and model of your coach.

Depending on year, I would guess that it could be as simple a re-doing the plumbing to as complicated as making sure the weight is evenly distributed and that the frame area you plan on for the bathroom and tanks(s) will be robust enough to take the planned weight changes.
Old 03-10-2004, 10:31 PM   #28
3 Rivet Member

I prefer the center bath so that other guests in the trailer aren't traipsing thru my rear bedroom at all hours of the night.

Also, I like having a large window behind my head (you don't get this with a rear bathroom) so I can curl up under the blanket and read a good book with a cup of coffee on one side and my sleeping wife on the other in the morning as the sun begins to rise over the lake and I reflect on how great it is to be on vacation.

- Charlie
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	img_1442.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	5146