Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-23-2003, 07:29 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1978 31' Excella 500
Woodland , Utah
Unhappy Peeling Wallpaper

My trailer sat idle for more than 3 years before we bought it. Our weather can range from -30 to over 100 degrees, so we have a pretty wide temperature range. The wall covering in the shower and other areas is peeling and pulling away from the plywood base. Any suggestions on fixes?
Old 11-23-2003, 08:38 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Note: The following concerns my '85 with side bath. Rear bath showers may have compound curves, and what follows would have no application.

Just one, but I am tempted to try it myself.

I saw some 4X8 sheets of white fiberglass at a fire/flood salvage store last week. The interesting thing was they were thin and flexible enough to go up the outside wall around the curve and over to the inside wall. The back and inside walls are square with the world, and would only have to be cut to shape and size.

One would have to clean/sand/remove the old solvent, but it would not be unreasonable to use those plastic mirror stars to hold it firmly in place, should adhesives not be enough.
j54mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 10:59 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Send a message via ICQ to overlander76 Send a message via AIM to overlander76 Send a message via Yahoo to overlander76
Is it still hanging on the wall or has it come off? If you still have the material contact cement might work. I was thinking about using it on mine. The liner on the bottom of the over head bins is coming off and I thought it might work for that. I would use a rubber roller to press it down after the cement dries. The liner in my shower is starting to shrink and pull away from the plywood too.

Good Luck-
Brian
overlander76 is offline   Reply With Quote