Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-19-2011, 05:04 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1967 20' Globetrotter
denver , Colorado
Original Shower Curtain for 1967?

I can't seem to find any images of what an original shower curtain from a 1967 Globetrotter looked like.

I have a shower curtain track that runs along the ceiling then down onto the wall. I installed a standard curtain today to see how it would fit but the minute you begin to run it down the wall, its a huge misfit! Not only does it lay poorly, but it wants to cover the valves and shower hose.

Does anyone know what this was suppose to look like? I know there are a lot of mods but I was wondering what an original looked like?

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02289.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	143.9 KB
ID:	122578   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02376.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	125.3 KB
ID:	122579  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02380.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	202.9 KB
ID:	122580  
star kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 07:39 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1972 25' Tradewind
Currently Looking...
McHenry County , Illinois
We had the same problem when we owned a ’67 GlobeTrotter.
We had the torn original. Nasty plain industrial grade beige plastic.
You will need to cut the wall side of the curtain to match the contour of the wall track. Cut it about an inch oversize so it can be folded over and sewn to accept the hooks.
We used tabs with a small ball on the end to fit into the track. These are sewn into the edge of the curtain. Looks like you have the kind that accepts hooks so you can go with whatever option you like. The remainder of the curtain is cut to fit around the water faucets.
Ours still had the snaps on the shower walls to hold the curtain in place around the tub enclosure. If yours are still there its easy to add those to the curtain to keep it inside the tub.

Good luck with your project and Happy Streaming,
Tom.

Tom Nugler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 07:49 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1966 24' Tradewind
1995 34' Excella
Lynchburg , Virginia
Original Shower Curtain

I have an original shower curtain from a 66 TW if this would help. I don't know if it is like the 67 GT shower curtain though.

Dan
TouringDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 08:49 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

1967 20' Globetrotter
denver , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Nugler View Post
We had the same problem when we owned a ’67 GlobeTrotter.
We had the torn original. Nasty plain industrial grade beige plastic.
You will need to cut the wall side of the curtain to match the contour of the wall track. Cut it about an inch oversize so it can be folded over and sewn to accept the hooks.
We used tabs with a small ball on the end to fit into the track. These are sewn into the edge of the curtain. Looks like you have the kind that accepts hooks so you can go with whatever option you like. The remainder of the curtain is cut to fit around the water faucets.
Ours still had the snaps on the shower walls to hold the curtain in place around the tub enclosure. If yours are still there its easy to add those to the curtain to keep it inside the tub.

Good luck with your project and Happy Streaming,
Tom.

That explains why I have a few snaps near the faucet. The old curtain snapped into place near the valves. I will have to buy a few cheap vinyl curtains to try to make a template.
star kitty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags