Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-21-2012, 11:23 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2004 16' International CCD
Salt Lake City , Utah
Organizing/Decorating Ideas

I am looking for some ideas on how to maximize the storage/organizing space in my little Bambi without drilling holes or using adhesive.

I saw someone using suction cup hooks for kitchen tools and liked the idea. I came across this company that makes all kinds of caddies. My past experience with suction cups has been dismal. These look better than the regular variety, but I was hoping someone here has actually used them before. The company is based in Australia, and sell on Amazon, but with high shipping costs.

info@everloc.com.au
UtahChic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 12:29 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2008 19' Safari SE
Denver , Colorado
Try the Command line of hooks and such. Lots of people use them in their RVs.

I've used the Everloc pieces before. They're pretty good. (The one in my shower back home in the UK falls down about once a month.) Best if the surface they're on is completely smooth and flat, as most suction cups. (Which is why ours falls down; it's not a smooth tile they're on.) You can get them on Amazon, at WalMart, the big box hardware stores, etc.

Blog: 300 Miles or 3:00
zlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 07:49 AM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2007 27' Classic FB
Fredericksburg , Texas
Whether you use the Command hooks or the suction cups be sure to clean the area with alcohol first and allow to dry. It will greatly increase the holding power.
Morgan guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 11:25 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
We have bought a number of suction cup towel bars for our tiny bathroom, from EZ RV products.com, but right now I can't get a proper page on their website pasted.

They can be used indoors as well as on the outside of the rig when you are parked. Love them.

We had a carpenter make magazine racks for our interior. Two in the rear by the benches and one behind the driver's seat. Worth every penny for we who are not very handy.

The Container Store is a great resource for organization items for the kitchen, i.e. stacking/locking containers for herbs, seasonings, etc., and packet pockets to hold small items inside the cabinets. Whenever you can use that empty vertical space, it makes a big difference.

Maggie
Old 01-22-2012, 11:04 PM   #5
1 Rivet Member

2004 16' International CCD
Salt Lake City , Utah
Thanks! I forgot about the container store.
UtahChic is offline   Reply With Quote