Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > General Interior Topics
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-14-2018, 05:29 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1960 24' Tradewind
Kingsville , Ontario
Old Grommet hole Plugs and Air rivetter

hey all, finally getting the old holes and patches put onto the interior before painting, and then building up the cabinetry etc... than goodness for air rivetter tool my buddy lent me !!!

Anyhow, i have a number of holes left by used grommets, what do you suggest I fill them with ( I am hoping not to have to use aluminum sheet patches as I have for the bigger holes. They are of course, 1/2 to 3/4 inch holes....

Cheers,

ps if anyone was on highway 90 last year in August and saw a 1960 AS, that was us.... Detroit to Washington State, returned through Canada ....she towed like a dream behind the GMC. Glad i went with the 2500 HD though.... gaser.
KZGoodchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 06:13 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1975 Argosy 28
Springville , Alabama
Old Grommet hole Plugs and Air rivetter

I have the same issue. Home Depot and lowes sell small sheets of aluminum. I would patch them too. I have found out the hard way that $20 is not worth the shortcut.
Old 03-14-2018, 06:16 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1975 Argosy 28
Springville , Alabama
Just saw your in Canada. Menard's maybe[emoji1]