Old 06-07-2008, 09:52 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member
2009 30' Classic
Naples , Florida
newbie sofa memory foam query

Hello all,

We are very excited to pick up our 2009 30' classic up this coming Friday & plan to camp right away. I understand that the couch is not so comfortable for sleeping & a memory foam overlay is recommended. Here are my newbie questions- it is difficult to predict the size based on the specs I have.

Do I need a queen size memory foam? Does anyone have comments as to the thickness? I have seen 2-5" toppers. Do we need a mattress cover over this as well as the sheet? Lastly, where is this stored? I plan on putting memory foam over the rear twins as well, I think. They seemed rather hard when I tried them out briefly.

Thank you for your linen expertise. I am enjoying the preparations, but I can't wait for Friday.

Hhthorny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2008, 09:54 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member
2009 30' Classic
Naples , Florida
I forgot to mention- we have the dinnette model & the regular-looking leather front couch.

Old 06-07-2008, 11:07 PM   #3
Rivet Master
2000 25' Safari
West of Fort Worth , Texas
I purchased a 3" King size memory foam topper and cut it in half to use on two sofa beds. They work great.
Storage can be an issue, we roll them up and leave them on the bed while travelling. If they get in the way during the day, they go in the T.V.
We purchased from Check attached link.

Discount Hunting Gear, Discount Hunting Boots, Discount Shoes, Discount Ammunition, Discount Ammo, Discount Boots, Military Surplus, Outdoor Gear At the Sportsman's Guide
AIR #15800

"Wimpy" 1/2 ton 2002 GMC Sierra 4X4 Z-71 Gasser
2000 Safari SS 25'
Fyrzowt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 05:29 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member
2009 30' Classic
Naples , Florida
Thank you, I appreciate the help!