Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2005, 12:06 PM   #21

1968 17' Caravel
Battle Ground , Washington
See, lack of storage saves you from wasting your time shopping

I find plenty of storage in the Caravel, even when we were out for two weeks. I guess we just must be minimalist packers! When I see those big cabinets in a 25 I think that's good space that could be another seating/lounging area.

Stefrobrts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 12:43 PM   #22
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
Our main storage hassle is stowing 2 or 3 guitars in hard cases - currently we put them in the shower - not good. The lift up bed would provide storage for over sized items.

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2005, 07:59 PM   #23
Rivet Master

1977 Argosy Minuet 6.0 Metre
1964 26' Overlander
1977 25' Tradewind
Eastern , Washington
?

Quote:
Originally Posted by uwe
I love your idea, and was close to doing it to our Tradewind 2 years ago, until I started measuring things, and kept running into the wheel wells.
You "might" get away with this if you get a 70's Overlander, since this gives you about a foot more room to the rear.

I am doing the half height storage cabinet over the wheel well in the Overlander project, with a 6in shelf above the window with lights underneath.

Uwe

I'm trying to get a feel for this problem, could you expand your comments on this?
What did you mean you kept running into the wheel wells?
Was the problem with half height cabinets over the wheel wells, or something else?
Old 04-20-2005, 09:41 PM   #24
uwe

2007 25' Safari FB SE
1958 22' Flying Cloud
1974 29' Ambassador
Yucca Valley , California
Send a message via Skype™ to uwe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet's Husband
Uwe

I'm trying to get a feel for this problem, could you expand your comments on this?
What did you mean you kept running into the wheel wells?
Was the problem with half height cabinets over the wheel wells, or something else?
My comment references Janet's floor plan. Your hallway will have a wheel well in it. The drawing does not show the wheel wells on both sides.
I had plans to move the bedroom to the back of the Tradewind, and create a center bath/perhaps wet bath. Either way I laid it out, the hallway always ended up midship. you can vere right or left a little, but not along the wall as shown in your drawing, which is unfortunate, because that would look and flow very nicely.
Old 04-20-2005, 10:34 PM   #25
3 Rivet Member

Send a message via MSN to gotair Send a message via Yahoo to gotair
gary, draw a faint line on the street side accross from the door to the bathroom should be about 14 inches from the wall ... aprox. this will help visualize where the wheel well would be... I think this is what the others are having trouble with ...
Old 04-20-2005, 10:40 PM   #26
3 Rivet Member

Send a message via MSN to gotair Send a message via Yahoo to gotair
we looked at alot of trailers this spring and as a matter of fact you can go to their web-sites and down load the floor plans into your documents then bring them up and cut an past untill you find your perfect plan... take the measurments of the floor including the wheel well then fit that...I agree with stephanie you could also look for a rear door argosy... that would be cool to modify....
Dan.
Old 04-21-2005, 07:17 AM   #27
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Guitars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet
Our main storage hassle is stowing 2 or 3 guitars in hard cases - currently we put them in the shower - not good. The lift up bed would provide storage for over sized items.
I have the queen bed and stow either a banjo or a tenor guitar. You can probably get 3 guitars if you omit any drawers under the bed. Unfortunately, you would have no space for much of anything else under there. I carry the BBQ grill, charcoal, folding table, boots, propane lantern, etc. under there.

Last year, when I bought a new tenor guitar, I could not fit it in with my banjo on the way home.

My queen bed has two drawers under and one instrument case goes a long way toward using up the remaining space.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 07:27 AM   #28
Rivet Master

1968 24' Tradewind
Rural, blink and you'll miss it , Missouri
I recall someone reminding me of weight distribution. Something along the lines of the appliances, cupboards and all being placed to minimize stress on the shell and frame??? I'm no engineer but it sort of makes sense.

Eljay

1968 Tradewind Double.
eljay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 08:45 AM   #29
2 Rivet Member

1960 18' Traveler
Glacier , Washington
Hi Gary,
trailer-dealer on e-bay has a lot of info on trailers----old magazines, manuals, etc. (he's in Germany and easy to deal with) I purchased some old magazines from him (on cd's) and he might have what you are looking for. good luck, Stacia
60traveler is offline   Reply With Quote