Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Interior Restoration Forum > General Interior Topics
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-12-2009, 12:24 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Wellington , Nevada
Need pics of the Goucho couches-are they also beds?

I am trying to get this 68 Airstream and it has the goucho couch in it. Its pretty beat up and I am trying to decide if I want something more modern or just redo this one. Is the couch also abed and if so, lets see osme pics of them done nicely?????? any out there?

The one I am looking at is stuffed full of stuff and I cant open it to see how it works, too much Cr@p in the way.

Thanks for any pics of some done up.
Dave
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	airstreaminside1.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	175.0 KB
ID:	78273  
LAWFISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 12:41 PM   #2
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1982 24' Airstream 240
Ventura , California
The gaucho in our 69 pulled out to make a bed

It pulled out to make a bed....if you remove all the stuff in front of and on top of the gaucho and remove the cushion, you will see how it slides out..pull on the wood that is above the little doors on the bottom. The back cushion should then lay flat and along with the bottom cushion cover the entire double size bed. Our bottom and back cushion was all in one piece with a fold in the middle where the two meet. This photo shows the couch position.....The photo of the bed position has grandchildren on it.....but you can see that it is flat. There was another cushion behind the back that kept the back cushion at an angle and also made the bed area wider. paula
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Suite Spot 001.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	297.5 KB
ID:	78279   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 119.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	210.8 KB
ID:	78281  

WBCCI # 8252 Air#13593
1982 24'Motorhome (82Ste P)
SteSpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 03:27 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Wellington , Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteSpot View Post
It pulled out to make a bed....if you remove all the stuff in front of and on top of the gaucho and remove the cushion, you will see how it slides out..pull on the wood that is above the little doors on the bottom. The back cushion should then lay flat and along with the bottom cushion cover the entire double size bed. Our bottom and back cushion was all in one piece with a fold in the middle where the two meet. This photo shows the couch position.....The photo of the bed position has grandchildren on it.....but you can see that it is flat. There was another cushion behind the back that kept the back cushion at an angle and also made the bed area wider. paula
Thanks a ton Paula, I will have to see how nice it is when I get it but I guess all I may have to do is get a nice custom made cushion and do it two piece or however I nwant to, to make it work correctly.

Dave
Old 04-12-2009, 04:12 PM   #4
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1982 24' Airstream 240
Ventura , California
It is hard to see but

You may have the old cushion that you can use as a pattern for a new one.....our 69 had a new custom cushion that the PO had made......it wasn't the most comfortable couch in the world.......we had to pull out the folding table everytime we wanted to eat.....we are putting in a dinette in our new 68 Ambassador....by the way there is about 6 inches difference in the width of the 68 and 69--69 being wider by 6 inches....good luck in your Airstream adventure....you are going to love it...also you can check here for more pictures...Vintage Airstream Photo Archives
paula
WBCCI # 8252 Air#13593
Old 04-12-2009, 07:47 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Wellington , Nevada
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteSpot View Post
You may have the old cushion that you can use as a pattern for a new one.....our 69 had a new custom cushion that the PO had made......it wasn't the most comfortable couch in the world.......we had to pull out the folding table everytime we wanted to eat.....we are putting in a dinette in our new 68 Ambassador....by the way there is about 6 inches difference in the width of the 68 and 69--69 being wider by 6 inches....good luck in your Airstream adventure....you are going to love it...also you can check here for more pictures...Vintage Airstream Photo Archives
paula
Thanks a TON for th elink above. I didnt know about it and it shows a lot of what mine should look like stock. This helps tremendously!!!!

thanks gain

Dave
Old 04-12-2009, 08:01 PM   #6
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
1982 24' Airstream 240
Ventura , California
One more thing

Another thought for you is to try to attend an Airstream Rally.........you will find all kinds of Airstreams age wise and most everyone is happy to let you see what their trailer looks like.....will save you a lot of time.....and Airstreamers are wonderful about sharing their expertise.....good luck with all of your projects.....paula
WBCCI # 8252 Air#13593