Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-03-2007, 05:30 PM   #21
2 Rivet Member

1996 34' Excella
1996 36' Classic 36
Thousand Oaks , California
we've just bought a 1985 345 with 20,000 miles. It's in excellent condition but we are planning to redo the entire interior in art-deco or retro finish. I have looked at many art deco/retro ideas and I have not yet decided which one I'm gonna go for. Anyone out there has done full re-do of the interior? Any tips will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Ed
edmelik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 10:37 PM   #22
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by edmelik
we've just bought a 1985 345 with 20,000 miles. It's in excellent condition but we are planning to redo the entire interior in art-deco or retro finish. I have looked at many art deco/retro ideas and I have not yet decided which one I'm gonna go for. Anyone out there has done full re-do of the interior? Any tips will be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Ed
Art-deco would be very cool...lots of chrome and shiny metal design in that area that would look great in an AS!

Let us see what you come up with!
TB
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 12:12 PM   #23
4 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD
Sugar Grove , Ohio
As we all know, good design is in the eye of the beholder. My wife and I purchased a 25' International Ocean Breeze - which looks like every other Ocean Breeze out there. We love the interior light look of this model but we're not fond of the mixed shades of blue and gray. We had an interior designer that did our home - our present as well as our former and she also did our boat interior design. She knows what we like and dislike. BUT, she moved to the northwest corner of the country which is a l-o-n-g way from Ohio. We've talked with her and she has sent us a huge box of upholstery fabrics - that all go well together. We've selected our sofa and dinette seat fabrics, curtain material (throughout the TT, bedspread and sheets and room divider material - and they look FANTASTIC!!! She still has her upholstery cutter and sewer here in the Columbus area that will do the work for us. We'll take everything to her and then wait for it to be completed. It should be done about the same time spring arrives and we can start the new travel year off with a brand new trailer - inside and out. It will no longer look like an Ocean Breeze but it will be very light and airy with large windows and a skylight to let the sunlight flood in. We are so excited about the new design and SPRING being on the way. Perhaps we'll see you someplace 'streamin along this summer. Happy trails to all!!
Prodigy Brake Controls
"It's better to keep your mouth shut and thought a fool
Than to open it and remove all doubt."
pilgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 03:04 PM   #24
3 Rivet Member

2003 22' International CCD
Ledyard , Connecticut
You are so right Pilgrim!! We saw the Ocean Breeze in person last week at an RV show and fell in love too!! So I started thinking of exactly what is it that I like about it - other than the fact it is 3 feet longer than my 22' CCD!! I also checked out the Design Within Reach AS and thought hard about that image too.

I like the bright openess of the big windows and shiney aluminum interior. I like deep rich colors. I like things that are quirky, unique and copies of very expensive items. Imagine my surprise when I found an exact copy of the Nelson Ball clock shown in the DWR AS in a local discount designer store for $15!!! $300 less than the original Nelson Ball!!

My husband likes the idea of an 'animal theme' (must be the dog fur ) I like a design that evolves. Our CCD has the ebony stained wardrobe and white laminate cupboards and counter. There are very pale baby blue cupboard doors at the floor level and a few orange accents - magazine rack and interior of overhead cupboards. For the most part I have a blank slate.

I am thinking of a warm buttery carmel leather for the dinette with a coordinating fabric for the sides. Maybe a cheetah print for the big wrap around window. I am planning to make some lightweight cornices for the shades, to add some color and interest to the otherwise ugly hardware of the white pull down shade. Bed covers will have to match Golden Retriever fur!

Right now the design is still in my head, but I think it will all work together whenever I find the best prices on the fabrics. Looks like I will make a trip to the $1.99 fabric store tomorrow!!

However you personalize them the design you end up with is far better than what's found in an SOB! It's fun to make it your own!!!

Mary

The more I try to understand people, the better I like my dog.
rettoc625 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 06:10 PM   #25
2 Rivet Member

1989 32' Excella
Grand Junction , Colorado
We were sitting in a Tommy Bahama Bar in Newport Beach, CA after just purchasing a 1989 32' Excella. Then it hit us to re-do the interior in the Tommy Bahama theme. Carpet has been changed to one that has a pattern like Palm leaves, Front Sofa bed recovered in appropriate colors. Natural wood 1" blinds, the Shower pan refinished, all countertops are being recovered with a neutral granite look with new stainless steel sinks in Kitchen and Bath. The next step is putting up the Palm Tree vinyl wall paper. My plans are to post pictures when we are completed.

Joe
GJ Excella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 07:08 PM   #26
1 Rivet Member

1964 22' Safari
Colorado Springs , Colorado
I have a 1800 era victorian house and a 64 airatream safari. For both, I don't want anything that I see in my work enviroment. I am re-modeling the 64 in a mad men style. Somthing that I am not used to seeing everyday. Something fun because I am "getting away from it all".....boomer
dwhite2762 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 10:42 AM   #27
2 Rivet Member

1982 31' Excella
Hemingford , Nebraska
Pinterest
mwernke is offline   Reply With Quote