Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-15-2002, 11:59 AM   #1

Question Moving the Rear Bath Forward?

I have just acquired a 1976 Argosy 28' trailer and it has the rear bath. I was wondering if it's a very big deal to move the bath to mid-ship and covert the back into a double bed area? Has anyone done this? THANX!
Old 10-15-2002, 12:58 PM   #2
Rivet Master

LOST , Hawaii
Depends on what you consider a bid deal. You will need a new black water tank, the toilet mounts to it. You will probably need a new gray water tank. These will have to be designed to fit within the confines of the frame and you should consider how you will drain and vent them. New supports will be needed, the AS method of running the furnace duct through the box would be nice to maintain. You will also have to move wiring and make changes to the fresh and hot water lines. It would take some planning, but if you did it right should not be all that bad. My motorhome came with a rear bed, if it didn't it would have one in it's second life.

John
74Argosy24MH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2002, 05:09 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

i have not done it yet, but i am currently in the design stage of moving my rear bath to just the rear corner, more similar to some of the newer 23' safari.

since you only want to create a double-bed, and not a king size bed, you may consider this as well.

attached are before-after diagrams. notice that i have the toilet staying in the same spot, it simply rotates 45 degrees so that it faces forward. all the other plumbing and vents would still need to be re-routed, but at least the black water tank can stay in the same position. i realize you may not have my particular design, but there might be something about a corner bath that could work for you.

christopher
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1969-25-tradewind.gif
Views:	873
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	688  
gerbermania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 08:23 AM   #4
"The One" is out there

1975 31' Sovereign
Estes park , Colorado
Did any of you end up making the move from a rear bath to center or corner bath? I'm considering doing this to my 1975 31ft Sovereign. I really don't like the back bath since you walk through the bedroom to get there. Makes it kinda awkward when you have anyone camping with you besides your significant other.

I have a budget of 40K over the span of 4 years to make the changes gradually. Bite off one piece at a time so we can still use Silver Twinkie in the mean time.
arandruska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 08:55 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1975 Argosy 28
Springville , Alabama
I have a 75 argosy 28ft also and we are doing just that- rear to center! Yes it's a big deal but doable. It's not that bad as most older AS need a "full Monty" anyway! Mine was gutted already and we changed the floor plan to suit our family. Check out my thread in replacing floor section- "Argosy redo". Yeah it's cheesy but it works.
Old 04-15-2016, 08:57 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1975 Argosy 28
Springville , Alabama
Ok- just saw this was a really old thread! I need to look at what you did!😜👍👊
Old 07-05-2016, 10:52 AM   #7
1 Rivet Member

1969 25' Tradewind
Venus , Pennsylvania
Are there any pictures of the Trade Wind side bath change or a blog link? This is exactly what we want to do! I am wondering how the shower was done and if there was any door added for bedroom privacy.
perryfamily6 is offline   Reply With Quote