Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-21-2017, 06:50 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1978 25' Caravanner
Salida , Colorado
Unhappy Mold worry!

Hi,

I recently relocated in my 78 caravanner to Seattle and have realized that there were a few more leaks than I previously thought and that mold a new a worry!

Two leaks on the upper oval windows are my main concern, it appears that the water travels through the wall and has damaged the floor a bit. I'm aware that I'll probably have to fix the subfloor at some point but as it is...it functions well and doesn't seem to be an issue at all. Unless there is mold!

The airstream as I know it was in southern Idaho and Colorado for most of its life, so very low humidity and little rain overall. I do think it was stored inside for a lot of its life too.

I had the airstream in Seattle for about three weeks outside in storage while I was waiting for my new parking spot to be finished...in that time there was a lot of rain and I wasn't able to get to the airstream. So...my question is how worried should I be of mold growth in that time. I'm assuming the worst and that there is mold in the walls or maybe even the subfloor. Is there a way treat that without tearing out the walls? Ozone? Anything else I need to think about? I'm going to be in Seattle for the winter and then head back to Colorado so I want to make sure I don't get an infestation while I'm here. I'm fixing the water leaks asap but want to make sure I'm covering all of the other bases once that's cleared up.

Thanks for any help!
bethjohnston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2017, 07:26 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member

2007 27' International CCD FB
Everett , Washington
Mold!

Welcome. I live just up the road in Snohomish. I moved our unit from Tennessee last year. During that move I found some bad leaks around the skylights. I was worried about mold as well. I replaced the old skylights and put a dehumidifier in the trailer for a week. No mold, no water. Going to camp at Fort Worden next month.
WBCCI #4018

Just call us Jean & Bill :-)
HankandLois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 01:33 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

1978 25' Caravanner
Salida , Colorado
Exclamation

Well...in my hunt for mold...I found some. I'll try to post a pic here. Its in the cabinet next to my refrigerator. I'm now very nervous that its deep in the walls or something.

How concerned should I be? Is this leaking from the outside shell since there aren't any windows there? Or more likely condensation from the refrigerator? I'm determined to kill all of the mold and then keep the airstream dry and mold free but I have to find the cause of this dampness first.
Old 11-22-2017, 02:14 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

1978 25' Caravanner
Salida , Colorado