E Pluribus Aluminus

2008 34' Classic S/O
1967 22' Safari
2005 30' Classic
Rockport , Texas
Send a message via AIM to Jaxon Send a message via Yahoo to Jaxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHoAgRV
I never understood why NASA would need a mattress for a zero gravity enviroment...
Just wondering

Yeah... it's the ride up there that gets to you!

Jaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 01:18 PM   #30
3 Rivet Member

1963 24' Tradewind
Pittsford , New York
Knox Foam

I user Know Foam Memory foam mattress, rv mattresses, memory foam pillows, memory foam, foam, bed wedge, bolster, pillow, bed wedge, leg wedge, rv mattress, cushion covers. for 3 mattresses and they are really nice and very inexpensive.

Old 02-19-2008, 03:27 PM   #31

2008 23' International CCD
Reno , Nevada
Red face 2008 AS mattress

Like many others who have posted messages about their AS mattresses, we are not happy with the one that came in our 2008 International. But instead of it sagging, there's a pronounced "hump" down the middle from head to toe which is very uncomfortable, even with the 2" foam topper we thought would cure the problem. The dealer said that a few years ago, the mattresses sagged so badly that AS compensated by doing "something" to the newer ones. We tried two different ones on the lot, and they were all the same.

I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has put a sleep number mattress in their AS. Did you buy it from Bear Beds? Would you recommend them?

Thanks to everyone who takes the time to respond to the various posts. It really is helpful.

Dottie Batchelor
Old 02-19-2008, 08:44 PM   #32
SRW
TEXAS66

Georgetown , Texas
Cool Maybe a Reason for the Hump?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batch
Like many others who have posted messages about their AS mattresses, we are not happy with the one that came in our 2008 International. But instead of it sagging, there's a pronounced "hump" down the middle from head to toe which is very uncomfortable, even with the 2" foam topper we thought would cure the problem. The dealer said that a few years ago, the mattresses sagged so badly that AS compensated by doing "something" to the newer ones. We tried two different ones on the lot, and they were all the same.

I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has put a sleep number mattress in their AS. Did you buy it from Bear Beds? Would you recommend them?

Thanks to everyone who takes the time to respond to the various posts. It really is helpful.

Dottie Batchelor
We have a 2008 International 28 ft.

Our bed is a "walk around".

So far don't notice a hump in the middle, but notice that under the bed there is a support running head to toe. Maybe if the support is a tad too high it would cause the mattress to hump in the middle/

Just a thought.

SRW
Old 02-19-2008, 08:48 PM   #33
SRW
TEXAS66

Georgetown , Texas
Thumbs up

Should add that we use a 2" memory foam topper and a quilted mattress cover over that.

Very comfortable - so far.

Also:

Heavy blankets annoy me so we use a new but, old style foam/flocked blanket (hotel type). Very warm and very light.
Old 02-19-2008, 08:55 PM   #34
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
holland , Michigan
We are spending about 70 nights in the A/S and found the walk around queen to be very uncomfortable. On the road and bought a 3 inch topper from sams club, memory foam and damn heavy. Quick fix on the road. My wife wants to rip out the entire back end and put in twins. Good for her but not for me?? It makes good common sense however regarding human traffic patterns. Really the queen with side cbinets is pretty but very difficult to live with.
Old 02-20-2008, 05:58 PM   #35
SRW
TEXAS66

Georgetown , Texas
The Acid Test

Quote:
Originally Posted by safari 28
We are spending about 70 nights in the A/S and found the walk around queen to be very uncomfortable. On the road and bought a 3 inch topper from sams club, memory foam and damn heavy. Quick fix on the road. My wife wants to rip out the entire back end and put in twins. Good for her but not for me?? It makes good common sense however regarding human traffic patterns. Really the queen with side cbinets is pretty but very difficult to live with.
Generally we do not spend more than a week in the AS at a stretch. Although, this summer at International in Bozeman it will be certainly be longer.

That will be the acid test for the mattress.

Should add that when its cold there are four in the bed - wife and I and our two cats.