Old 07-31-2004, 02:27 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member
Late 50's drapery hdwre- got a source?

Hi- I'm looking for the tracks and those little barrel shaped plastic doo hickeys that slide in and ya sew the drapes right onto the them. I wanna buy a few hundred, so I never have to look for it again- and about 10' of the track will hold me.

There are a few different types- they aren't the square ones or the ones that have the hooks a hangin- just a little round tubular shaped rod about 1" and a tab that hangs down- both opaque plastic.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated! Thanks. Cliff

millionairstream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 07:21 PM   #2
4 Rivet Member
1967 30' Sovereign
Leavenworth , Kansas
You might check the Inland RV web site; they have two or three types. I know they have the ones I need for my 67 but I haven't gotten to that point in reconstruction. I also found a few at a trailer salvage place I've been dealing with here in Kansas; maybe you would have luck some place like that in your area. Kirsch made the drapery hardware for the AS. I have checked their website; they didn't have mine, but maybe yours. Good luck. I'm still trying to figure out how to make drapes that hug the curvy walls.

Beth Ann

silver 67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 09:30 AM   #3
Just a member
1978 28' Argosy 28
Tampa Bay , Florida
Send a message via AIM to thenewkid64 Send a message via Yahoo to thenewkid64 Send a message via Skype™ to thenewkid64
In the 50s and 60s era coaches wit only a top rail the drapes are normally held to the wall by adding a ring to the back of the drape 3/4 to half way from the top. The windows likely have snaps at the proper heights on each side. Then there was a cord run through the rings and attached to the snaps. This allowed the curtains to move, but did not impede the view as well as holding them to the wall. I have see the fine window screen spline used as a cord since it is slightly stretchy and will take the heat.
Brett G
WBCCI #5501 AIR # 49
1978 Argosy 28 foot Motorhome

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something. -- Plato

thenewkid64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2004, 08:28 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member
1967 30' Sovereign
Leavenworth , Kansas
Question How about velcro?

Thanks Brett for the instruction, but my problem is that PO removed every bit of hardware from the window area (except the rails) and replaced all the window coverings with Wally World plastic mini blinds (none of which was worth saving). I figure I'll make pinch pleated drapes like in all the pictures I've seen in the photo archives. Do you think Velcro would work at various places in the bottom of each curtain?

Beth Ann
silver 67 is offline   Reply With Quote